Bow set up

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by raamw, Feb 28, 2008.

1. raamw

raamw New Member

I need a little advise with the purchase of a new Bow
    I Have bow hunted for over 25 years but haven't hunted in the last 10 so I bought a new bow with a whisker Biscuit, my question is my old bow I would use a bow square to locate the proper position of the brass noc locator, I plan on using a mechanical release on the new bow...where does the locator "clamp" go? under or over the noc? also can you still use the old bow square with a WB?

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

You can use a bow square with a whisker biscuit. It requires a little eye-balling because the square will be to the outside of the disk. Just set it even with the bottom of the hole in the biscuit.

I normally tie loops so that the bottom of the nock will be 1/8" above level with the rest.

Hope that helps.....:noidea:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

JCM said it all...:welcome:

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

And if your not using a loop, put the brass nock (or tied in nock) above the arrow, and a cushion button below the arrow and your release will clip on the string below that.

5. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

:welcome: I'll bet you end up with a loop.:welcome:

6. boomer sooner

boomer sooner New Member

Go with a string loop. Its more forgiving and your string will last longer.

7. Rog

Rog New Member

Get one of the newer fall aways. Have it super tuned at your pro shop. I've shot a bicuit for years but, the accuracy I.ve gotten from my fall awy, blew me away. Much tighter groups. I use a PSE/Top Gun Phantom. Great upgrade.

8. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I'll 2nd boomer and I'll give a counterpoint to Rog. If you're target shooting I'll go along with him. If you're going out in the woods I'd keep your WB - there's nothing to fail when you're out in the nasty stuff. :welcome: