bow sights

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by I missed, Aug 15, 2007.

1. I missed

I missed Senior Member

i dont know much about archery so i cant help but wonder, whats the real difference between $20 sights and $100 sights.
    because i shoot a $640 bow (parker hornet) and use a $20 cobra sight but have never had a problem

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Features mostly. If your $20 Cobra kills deer and you are happy with it, then keep it and put the expensive ones out of your head. I have a $120 Copper John Sight. I can micro-adjust each pin individually or as a group, I can micro-adjust the windage, I can even microadjust the bubble to set the 3rd axis. It has a dove-tail mont that allows me to interchange it and my ANTS. It has extremely bright well protected fiber optics and 6 pins. Does it kill deer any better than yours???? Nope. But I just had to have it because it's cool.

There are some quality differences between different manufacturers, but it is mostly features and looks......:peace:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

What he said...:biggrin1:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

that hornet is a pretty fast bow, the one i shot was extremly fast but felt and sounded like a shotgun going off....

the biggest difference between some sites is the NAME on the side....but you do get what you pay for.....A friend of mine, has a Drenalin that he put his cheaper truglo site on, he is currently looking for a better sight......:bowl:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007