Bow string

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by felchak, Dec 16, 2007.

1. felchak

felchak Junior Member

How often do you guys change out your string

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

string ever year or 2

cable........when I do something stupid to it......:doh: :doh:

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I am still shooting my original Zebra Barracuda string and cable. I only change them when they start showing wear or break.

I wax mine quite often.

4. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I shoot alot all year round and I change both my string and cable at least once a year. Now if your just hunting with your bow, I could see someone go a couple of years. BUT, I would suggest that everytime you put a new string on, you also change the cable.

5. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

New string and cables every year, or when they start to wear. I don't wax as often as I should.

Ben

6. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

i go 22 strands 452 on the string and 24 strands on the cables. I usually put a new string on every year and every other year on the cables.

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

When my strings and cables start to wear out I just trade my bow in and get a new one that has new strings and cables already. About every year or sometimes two.

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Waxing is the key to longivety
    you can git 2-3 years eazy unless you have some boo boos to tha cables or strings.
    I used a string on a hunting hunting bow fer 5 yrs.
    and these fellars will let you know I do a lot of bowhunting

9. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

if you are looking to replace i would recommend a custom hand twisted number from www.hmbowstrings.com $45 a set including shipping .any 2 color BCY 8125 or 452. any color BCY end serve. Any BCY dia./type center serve. No yoke, split yoke ,float yoke. what ever you want. order length to bow manufacturer spec dont forget the right cam size. string only is under $20. 3 weeks turn around. I have HM on all 3 of my rigs.