bow tuning

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by dantebowhunter, Jul 27, 2008.

1. dantebowhunter

dantebowhunter New Member

i need to know how to tune my hoyt vulcan. can anyone help, please? thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

where did you get it??

do you own a bow press??

are you familier with how to properly press a hoyt??

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Don't put your email address in the open forum. It will be picked up by spam harvesters and used to send you spam.

4. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I'm not sure what you know about bow tuning in general, so I'll suggest searching compound bow tuning on the web. Print and read what seemes to apply. Also, many great books have been printed on this subject. Larry Wise has helped me alot. As far as tuning tips specific to your bow, I suggest contacting a Hoyt dealer. I learned only recently, that there is new information out on timing Hoyt's old cam&1/2. I happen to have these cams on my bow. My bow shoots better than ever, now. Remember, this is supposed to be fun. There is nothing to be gained when I beat my head against a wall, instead of asking for help. Many, but not all of us are "do it yourselfer's". Bow tuning is as much an art as it is a science. Have fun, I do.

5. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

The "stay tuned" dvd by lee earl is great. Dont know if he sells it here but you can find it at AT.

6. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Well worth it..............

I learned alot from his DVD,filled in the gaps so to speak..............

7. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

If you don't own a press...which I assume you don't.....you are going to need one.

You have 2 options.....read Javi's article on Tuning the Cam 1/2 and or buy GRIVs DVD on tuning....LeEarls doesn't cover the cam 1/2.