Bowmans.....trials and tribulations......

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, May 13, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

decided to go to the resivior for a couple hours.....I over sleep the alarm by 10 minuets.....:mad: no big deal.....

throw my stuff in the truck....head out.....

get there and the wind is blowing but not that bad, so out I go.....

get the boat in the water and start rowing across the channel to what I know is a good spot......I am gonna troll the shore lines in and around the coves....

so I cast my first rod out.....the line snaps and sends the lure sailing.....luckily I can see it floating and row over to "fish" it out.....retie it on.....

so I tie it back on and go to pull the knot tight.....the line breaks.....:mad:
    I pull a good bit of line off the real and give it a tug.....breaks every time....
    damb I was at gander and had line in my hand and decided I didnt need it...

So I strip the line of both reels.....praise the lord I have a half a spool of 10lb Cortland Camoflauge in my pack.......spool up the reels.....get them set out and start to row(the wind is really blowing now and if i stop rowing in the direction i am going I will be back over my lines in very short order)..........SNAG....:mad:

I quicky pulled in both lines.....rowed back to my moring location.....lock the boat up and head back to the truck......Home at 8:00 am.....Marie never knew i was gone....:biggrin1:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That sucks...

For you....:laugh:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey by the way I wasnt too far from where we will be shooting "at" the carp....and they were jumping out of the water the hole time i was there:rockon: :rockon:

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Sweet....:peace:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah I cant wait......:rockon:

6. Radar

Radar Story of my life

isnt that how it usually works though..... You go out by yourself for a little relaxation in the outdoors and just about anything that can go wrong does:doh:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah but you know it was still fun for the hour half I was out there....:noidea:

8. Radar

Radar Story of my life

oh just being outside is awesome. I would still take your morning over a day at work :rockon:

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I remember tha days when a ball and glove and bat was all I needed ta have a good time.

Seems like any more just takes so much stuff just ta do something.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh I know usally I need a wheelborrow, to get all my stuff to the boat....lately i have been.....oars, back pack (holds all my gear) and 2 rods....

I have relized that with all that other stuff i just spent more time fidling w/that stuff than acctually fishing:noidea:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Even though things went wrong it sounds like you had a good time alone. Glad to hear, we all need those kind of trips every now and then.:biggrin1:

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Be creative...a few years ago, my sister and I bought a couple cheap blow up tubes and headed for the resovoir. Stripped down to our bras and undies and just floated around the resovoir all day. Great fun :biggrin1:

I think anyday anytime outdoors is a great time. Better luck next time bowman

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

please dont get me wrong....I had fun, and would do it everyday if time allowed.....:peace:

14. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Whats up dude!

Get out there, The world is wide open to ya!:rockon:
    Your young dont waste it!
    I had a harley when i was 20 sold it & waited 23years for my kids to get out of the way to get another!:biggrin1:

15. vonottoexperience

vonottoexperience Senior Member

How come I never see this when I'm fishing :noidea: :biggrin1:

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

A lot of people do that around here on the Rock river on warm Summer weekends, beer coolers and all. They have someone drop them off up-river a few miles and then they just float down to the roller dam. Person comes and picks them up. An additional definition for the term "Designated driver"...

Ron

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what are you trying to say????

"this post was worthless w/out pics":tape: :tape:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they do that here in the Esopus Creek....a VERY WELL known fishing stream in the catskills.....:mad:

they just get in the way of my damb fishing....:biggrin1:

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, they do, but I've found that if you are nice to them you can usually score 1 or 2 very cold beers from them...:biggrin1:

Ron

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I acctually had one threaten me that if I didnt stop fishing while he was going past he was gonna get off his tube and shove my pole up my:tape:

just as this was coming out of his mouth, my buddy (6'4" 275) that he couldnt see.....casted a 1/2 once sinker and hit him right up side the head......

my buddy says "now the only thing gonna get shoved is you in the tube and stuffed under a rock.....now get the hell out a here".....

you should have seen the look on his face......it was awsome.....:rockon: :rockon: