Bows and motorcycles?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, May 19, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Anyone figure out how to carry your bow on a motorcycle? It's a 20-30 minute drive to the club and was looking for a way to ride the bike there.

I could get a trailer but the only time I would use it is going to the range.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how rough is the ride???

what kinda bike is it???

pics if possible???

and are you serious???:noidea:

3. tek

tek Senior Member

Could you just put the bow in a soft case and strap it on the back of the bike? It Might work :noidea:

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I'm serious

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

When I had my Hyabusa I used my PSE soft case. It could carry my bow, arrows, tools, and hip quiver. Its has a shoulder stap that you can put across your shoulders. worked great as long as you didnt go over 60 mph. then it worked liked a parachute..

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I really don't know what you guys are talking about or how these things attach, but why couldn't you use a 4 wheeler bow rack :noidea:

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

i have given that some consideration as I ride a Harley. I thought that if a fellar got em one of those bow cases fer horseback, fer I have seen em in those bowhunting mags. and tie that quiver ta tha sissybar it would work out nicely.
    i am sure ya would have ta do some special riggin' on tha bowcase but it looks fesiabale

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I was actually gonna put a sidecar on my bike for 3d's...:biggrin1:
    I've been thinking about how to carry it on the bike for a while...:noidea:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I thought the side car was for your side kick.......:Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Sorry chris!

I ride a harley & ive never even thought about strapping my bow to it!
    I guess like wheels said get some handle bar bow holders like on a 4-wheeler!:biggrin1:

11. kodiak-50

kodiak-50 Junior Member

I ride mine to and from hunting on nice days and use a Primos bow sling. Works OK as long as you keep the speed down.

12. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Chris when you get this figured out let me know I have been wondering the same thing

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Why??? you want to ride in the sidecar???
    you can hold the bows...:biggrin1:

14. Scablands

Scablands Member

I have used a back pack that I used to pack into the mountains. Just remove the pack and strap the bow to the frame with a bunge cord. Used to do this then ride Mt. bikes up old logging roads and it worked well.

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, they have backpacks that have built in bow-slings. One of my buddies has one but I'm not sure of the brand.

Good luck figuring that one out.

Ron

16. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

I have seen a few people that had some kind of scabbard hooked on the side of the bike and would slide a soft case into it. However I never got close enough to see how exactly it was done.

17. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

Bow On The Bike

Most of the 3-D's i go to are over 60 miles one way, so i have been carrying my bow on the back of the bike for a while. I have a luggage rack under the trunk on my Beamer, so what i did was drill 4 holes into the slots of the rack to make the biggest square i could, then pressed in four 5/16ths x 3/4 T-nuts, then i matched the four holes in the bottom 1/2 of my pillar-lock case and hot glued velcro straps inside to hold all the accessories. now when i want to take the bow on the bike i just take the trunk off and bolt the case down. Has worked really well so far, and 45 MPG sure beats the 17 I get out the truck! Hope this helps ya out:rockon: :rockon: