bowtec guardian

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bullspotter, Dec 6, 2006.

1. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

well got to shoot it today, and have to say its a nicer bow then i thought it was going to be, its looks are a little odd, but not near as bad as it looked in the pics ive seen, Its about right with the hoyt vectrix as far as speed goes, and has a little differnt sound then the hoyt when fired, its acually quieter. The wall is a dead stop at full draw, but if you creap a bit, it gives you a good yank... and the draw cycle is not as nice as the hoyt. Its a verry interesting bow, and i think the bowtec lovers will like it!!! O and its also got split limbs on it......

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Hmmmm, a Hoyt wannabe, interesting.:cool: This could kick off a whole new slam contest on the Blowtech's. :biggrin1:

[​IMG] How about weight? Looks to be a bit heavy.

3. SuperJ

SuperJ Junior Member

BLOWTECH huh wow .... i don't see why people think bowtech isn't that god of a bow ..heck that was my first bow i ever bought when i started archery and it was awesome but now i'm sold on hoyt ...

4. bullspotter

opps i knew i forgot something about it, the wieght a tiny bit less then the vectrix xl, and holing them together, ata was about 1 inch shorter then the hoyt, I believe its like 3/10ths of a pound lighter, i couldnt tell a difference in them by holding them, felt the same to me...

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

there is a thread over on AT w/pics in the manufacturer's section......

I will regret saying this but the looks are starting to grow on me....

Because of all the different stuff going on on that bow....I may not use it for hunting but I bet as a target bow it would not be that bad....

Dzingle....where is the closest Bowtech dealer to me besides Northern Dutchess Archery?? do you know? I want to go shoot one....

6. To be honest, Bowtech is the only bow company from the big three (Hoyt, Mathews, and Bowtech) that I haven't owned yet. I currently own the Mathews Switchback XT and had a Hoyt Trykon and the original Switchback I sold to get the Hoyt Trykon. The Hoyt was a good shooting bow, but it had more string twang then a banjo. Yes, I know if you add a STS to it, the noise will go away, but why all the after purchase assessories to make it better? Both Mathews bows that I did own were quiet and smooth shooters right out of the box. I'm hoping to eventually purchasing the new Bowtech Guardian or the 2007 Alliegence. Once I get a Bowtech, then I will be able to tell you without a shadow of a doubt which bow company makes the best shooting bow for me. I also still want to get the Hoyt Vectrix also. I heard the string twang problem has been resolved with the Vectrix. So many good bows, so little money.

Take Care and God Bless!

Ed

7. bullspotter

my trykon has some string twaing, but thats cause i cut the cat whiskers off it and cranked it down for indoor, at 70 lbs with cat wiskers, it was really quiet, to twaing at all.

8. Frank

Frank Member

Iam actually thinking about the bowtech commander for a target bow in the black smoke or the black marble. Will not decide until I shoot the gaurdian and the commander along with the hoyt vextric xl.
    specs:
    gaurdian= ata 33 1/4" 7 1/4" brace ibo speed 320-328
    commander=ata37 1/4 7 1/2" brace ibo 310-318
    vextrix xl=ata 36" 7 1/2" brace ibo 315

will be a target/3d bow in target colors which one not sure yet.I will be keeping my Mathews SBXT for hunting bow.

9. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

Bowman,
    I dont' know if yopu want to go for A ride but if you are interested you can come out to the shop that I am at in Long Island and shoot it all day. I am about An Hour and A half from you. let me know.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

may take you up on that after new years.....just too busy right now....

11. bullspotter

Seems like to me the Bowtechs are top heavy..... Might be the way they fit my hand i guess, but i dont like the way they fall after the shot.

12. Huya

Huya Senior Member

I have 2 Bowtech Guardian Bows in the family. They are very quiet. They have an excellant feel in the hand. Neither my son or I have had the top tip forward after firing. I don't have hand shock. The draw is strong but smooth. There is very little valley and if you relax and it starts to creep forward you will know it instantly. It wants to go down range. They are superfast and very well balanced. Best feeling bow I have every picked up. I do wish it had a bigger valley though. Other than that I use it for both target and hunting. I did go out and fire a lot of bows like the Vectrix, the Drenalin, The Allegiance the Tomkat The diamond Blackice. But it was the smoothness and quietness that I chose the Guardian for, Speed was just a bonus. My son must of felt the same way because he also purchased the Guardian.

13. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: Huya! The Guardian's a great bow. I wonder what, if any, changes they'll make for '08.

14. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

i shot the big 3 and opted for the vectrix.... just me.... the guardian was smooth and quiet.... the drenalin was abit shaky to me....and all were set up with 30"draw and the vectrix is the only one i broke the 300fps mark with.... in my opinion they were all close choices and personal preference is what has to kick in.... if resale is in your decision making.... well then.... i hate to say this with Bowman reading post but mathews would be the one to get for that ......

my XT shoots 285
    my vectrix shoots 302fps :rockon:

15. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Thats a good question???
    j/k :laugh:

16. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

X-FORCE 7 = 7" brace 332-340ibo. 33" a/a
    Browning Illusion = 7.5" brace. 32" a/a, 319 ibo