Bowtech 80# Allegiance - now that's fast

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I have a visitor that comes in from out of town to work on occasion. He was shooting a bowtech sampson last year. While in town working last year, he would come in 2-3 times a week and shoot our range. Heck of a shot too.

I had not seen him since December. And in he walks today. He says I got my new Allegiance and it's an 80 pounder. Yes, he is big boy.

I said have you chrono'd it yet. He has this big grin on his face. He says yep 345fps. Now I didn't see it myself but he is 29.5" draw. He said the arrow weighed 390gr but I didn't ask how many pounds he shot it at. Well let's see 390gr arrow at 345fps is 104ft/lb kinetic energy:hail:

I asked what are you going to kill with that thing. He said, anything I want.:rockon:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

What is he going to kill w/that thing?

Maybe himself when the limbs let go.......:tape: :laugh: :laugh:

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I know you didn't ask for this, but ther is nothing walking North America that can justify such nonsense. It has to be for just bragging rights.

Ya know, I wonder who helps him pull his arrows from 3D targets. OUCH!!!!!!!!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I wanna call his bluff....
    I will beleive it when I see it.....
    Show me some picks..... (of him and the bow and chrono in the same pic)

Not calling you a liar Chris, but the guy who said it I say his pants are on fire.

5. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Member

Don't be so fast to doubt. My 60# Allegiance at 29" flings 385 gr arrows 292. Add 1/2" draw, 20#, +5 gr. Don't stand too close. Your pants will be on fire as the arrow smokes by. :laugh:

6. BowTech81

BowTech81 Member

Thats awesome, I was wondering when someone was going to break the 100 ft/lb mark. I am glad I am not pulling that weight. I know I could but it's a matter of whether I want to or not:laugh:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

And for how long.:peace:

8. Sportsman

Sportsman Member

You thought the 70# Allegiance was fast too!

You should have sold him some arrows while he was there....390 is a little light for 80#'s. :doh:

9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Sportmans, yes, I know the supertec is fast too.:biggrin1:
    I think he turned it down after the initial testing.

10. HCA STILETTO 380

HCA STILETTO 380 Junior Member

hca

the high country iron mace shots 385 fps at 70 lbs.:rockon:

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Wow, way to dig up a year-and-a-half old post :bored:

12. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I got shoot a 80# X-force this weekend. 80# -30inch draw, 406 grn radial X-weave pro. made 3 shots to get an average. 1st arrow went for 386fps. 2nd with string chubs removed and peep went at 394 and 3rd was 393 fps. Ir is for a guy who is going on a sfari hunt in africa in a month.... It was a shoulder killer..

13. Pinwheel1969

w/ 200 grn arrows.:laugh: :laugh:

14. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Unbelieveable.

15. J.C.

J.C. New Member

How can a bow that's ibo rated at 348 shoot 390+ at 5 gr/lb? :noidea:

16. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Very good question.:wave:

17. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

It can't...but High Country warranties their bows at about 2 gpp :laugh:

18. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

With Speed Max Pros. Screw that. We know about that, and we've seen how that worked out just last month. Shattered arrow and Shattered hand.
    We're talking 5 grains/ lb here fella.

19. Pinwheel1969

thats because its was tested at 70lbs. at 348 ibo. look at the match up video on pse's ebsite. when they compare it to the hoyt, mathews and bowtech there all 70# - 30"draw w/ 350 grn arrow. no one has done one at 80# for the reason its almost impossible to pull back.

20. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Come on now, I hunt in SC with a 7mag and the deer here arent that big, but it is what I have to hunt with. How is what he is hunting with nonsese? I can hunt ANYTHING in north america with my gun as he can do the same with his bow. If he can use his bow effectively and make a quick clean kill humanely then that is ALL THAT MATTERS. I would rather have a rig that I KNOW will do the job than half @$$ it and just injure the animal. Chris said himself he is a heck of a shot, Dont hate, congradulate