BowTech and Matthews shooters, I need help!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by TOOCOOLCOWBOY, Aug 28, 2008.

1. TOOCOOLCOWBOY

TOOCOOLCOWBOY BOWHUNTER

I am currently shooting a 06 Allegiance, and I am looking to retire it after this season. I can't complain the bow has been great, but when I took it for it check up it did have some problems. Which I was told that year model had a few glitches over the long haul.

Anyway on to what I really posted this for. I have been looking at some bows already. I haven't really got down to shooting them yet but from what I have seen it going between the 101st airborne and the Drenlin LD. I know that the 101 is a speed demon, but speed kills on both ends, although the draw cycle on the LD is like silk. I am going to drop to a 60# bow this year as well. I want a good blend of everything(speed, smoothness, quiet) I want it all.

So if anyone has expierence with any of these bows or opnions let me know I would like to here what you all have to say.

2. harleyryder

harleyryder bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple

While I haven't owned either one I did try both out quite a bit a few months ago when thinking about getting a new bow.The Mathews is a great bow but just not one for me after owning a Switchback.Just flat out doesn't fit me.Shoots great, Smooth draw. The 101st on the other hand felt great in my hand.Little tougher to draw back then I'm used too,Fast and accurate.Then I thought to myself,My Allegiance is the perfect bow for me,why trade ?? Try the new Allegiance.To me ,it's smooth drawing,fast, accurate and VERY RELIABLE.I don't have to mess with retiming it , twisting the string to get it back in "spec" or anything else. I just take out and shoot it

3. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

A #60 101 or 82nd Airborne will be pretty easy to draw and have much more speed than the LD. You need to go and shoot some bows set at #60 and see which one that you like. I shoot my 82nd at #60 and getting 310 fps with 380 grn arrow.

4. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I would go with a new allegiance before one of the airbornes...but hey, you may like em! I am bowtech guy, but between the bows you mentioned, I would get the LD. :noidea:

And :welcome:

5. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I shot an LD the same day that I shot the 82nd for the first time. I am not a fan junkie and can buy and shoot any bow that I want to shoot. I like the draw on the LD, nice and smooth. I like the speed and KE of the 82nd. Lower draw wt with better speed and KE than the LD. To me, both bows were dead in the hand, no shock or vibe. both were bare bows with a WB rest. Right off the shelf.

The good part is that if you as 100 people their opinions, you will get 75 different opinions. Shoot what you like and what feels good to you.

My next bow will be a Mathews, I like them, no problem. I have not decided on which one yet though. I have no plans to move away from my Bowtech, both are great bows, just made to suit different people.

6. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

You may also find that the diamond line offers what you are looking for as well. I have backed my Diamond Liberty down to about 63# and I am still getting respectible speeds. I know the Black Ice is even faster and some say that it is a very smooth drawing bow.

Good Luck and Welcome.
    :peace:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Drenalin LD.......I never thought a bow could "HAVE" me at hello, again like the the Original Switchback......

then I got one of these in......WHAT A BOW.....

that being said.....have you looked at an 08 Allegiance.....its a great bow...:noidea:

Also, what kind of issues did your 06 have??

of all the Bowtechs, I thought those were pretty problem free....:noidea:

8. TOOCOOLCOWBOY

TOOCOOLCOWBOY BOWHUNTER

Thanks for all of your alls help so far. I am really gonna have to just shoot them and see for myself.

I really like my Allegiance, but it has also had some problems. With cam lean and a few other things, that have me a little skeptical right now. Although I am skeptical about a new one I have had mine repaired and it is whats going in the wood with me in October.

I like the LD so far but I am scared that dropping down to 60# I am going to lose so much speed. I know that the 101 will keep me kinda where I need to be. I mean when I say speed if I am in the 280-300 range I am happy as a lark. In my opnion you get allot over 300 mark and things start getting a little touchy. But to each his own I guess.

Thanks everybody!

9. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I liked both the Airbornes ( 101 & 82) but I love my 82nd. I am undoubtedly shooting it better than any bow I've owned and I've owned several different brands including shooting Mathews for 6 years. If you want a Smooth drawing bow check out the Ross line as from my understanding Bowtech has designed the draw to be even smoother and draw lengths are now module adjustable.

Here's 2 arrows from my 82nd at 40 yards.

Dan

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  10. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

My next 2 shots at 60 yards one at the bag target (I stuck the orange dot on so I could really focus on a spot) and the next arrow at my 3D Deer target.

I believe I'm ready for season.

Dan

11. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Here's the arrow I shot at the Deer target.

Dan

12. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Shoot em and pick the one that feels best to you. I shot both the SB XT and Tribute back in '06 and came home with an XT. But the Tribute is an awesome bow also. GOOD LUCK. I would buy the LD but thats just how I feel. The Airbornes don't feel very good at all to me.:wave: