BowTech Becomes A Savage

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Greg / MO, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Member

Effective Immediately.
    BOWTECH BECOMES A SAVAGE

Savage Sports Corporation, with corporate offices in Westfield Massachusetts and BowTech, located in Eugene, Oregon are pleased to announce the completion of a landmark agreement whereby Savage acquired BowTech so that the combined resources and strength of the two well-established industry leaders can be concentrated to become a major force for growth within the shooting/hunting/outdoor industry. BowTech’s family of brands will continue to be promoted and marketed independently as a wholly owned subsidiary of Savage Sports Corp.

"We are impressed with BowTech’s vision and astonishing success in the archery industry and are thrilled to have them as part of the Savage family. We are looking forward to having the employees from BowTech and its sister divisions join us,” stated Ron Coburn, Chairman and CEO of Savage Sports. “Their growth record and solid values are a great fit with our existing business and management culture.”

Eugene, Oregon will remain BowTech’s headquarters and the existing management team will continue to guide the business as it has since inception. “We recognize that BowTech has a very successful business plan in place and we intend on keeping the winning formula intact” added Coburn.

Announcing the agreement, President, CEO and Founder of BowTech, John Strasheim stated, “This is an exciting time for BowTech; our incredible growth, the launch of our new 2008 lineup, coupled with the many opportunities created by this strong partnership with Savage, who knows where BowTech will venture next - the possibilities are endless.” In addition to his other duties, Strasheim will serve on the Savage board.

Savage Sports Corporation is a privately held company and consists of 3 (Savage) divisions:
    Savage Arms is a leading manufacturer of center-fire rifles, located in Westfield, MA, while Savage (Canada) manufactures rim-fire rifles in Lakefield, Ontario, Canada.
    Savage Range Systems/PortaTarget, also based in Westfield MA, manufactures patented shooting ranges, target systems and shoot houses.
    Other corporate brand names include:
    Stevens, manufacturer of center-fire and rim-fire rifles and shotguns for the budget-conscious consumer.
    Fox, a high quality brand of American-made shotguns.
    Savage is the largest rifle manufacturer in the US.

BowTech, the largest bow company in the world, manufactures and distributes the industries finest compound bows and archery equipment. Founded in 1999, BowTech's corporate offices and manufacturing facilities are located on the outskirts of Eugene, Oregon. BowTech divisions include BowTech and Diamond Archery, Stryker Crossbows and WaterDog Surface Technologies with a worldwide dealer and distributor network.

2. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I hope this works for them. Too many times a company gets bought up and their quality slowly starts to fail. I wish the best for the bowtec company.

3. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

I think bowtech should stay independant...

More competition means better quality

4. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Member

There's the exact same number of competitors in their marketplace as there were before; BowTech and Savage weren't competing with each other. :thumb:

5. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

How do you figure Bowtech and Savage combining will reduce competetion?? Either way No change. It should give more funds available for R&D, etc. and that should be Good for everyone who wants to see more and more inovation:cool:
    Seems like a Win, Win for both companies to me.:biggrin1:

Dan

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Somebody beat me to the punch. My email came in a couple hours ago but I hadn't checked it.

7. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Sorry to say

IMHO..Savage builds mediocre firearms........:tape:

Will they bring Bowtech down to there level??:noidea:

To be seen.

8. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

guess your right.
    But we will have to see,

I am still mad at bowtech for cutting the Old Glory :(

9. BowTechArch

BowTechArch Senior Member

I bed to differ respectively....

Savage is now known as the Ruger of the 80's....

They have the BEST factory trigger available [Accutrigger] be dammned with the lawyers!!

Their barrels are not to shabby either.

As for acquiring Bowtech...

Well............a company with the $$$ like $avage will do nothing but HELP.

:peace: :rockon:

10. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I don't think the bow tech people have much to worry about.Savage is a time proven company and you would have a hard time finding a bolt action rifle that is more accurate than theirs....I think you'll hear a lot of goods things later on.jmo

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Like Bowtecharch said...
    They have one of the best adjustable triggers on the market..and the have some of the best stock barrels out there...

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you obviously have NO IDEA about savage firearms......

they have been producing top notch firearms for the last few years.....

they build great quality firearms that just about anyone can afford......

accutrigger, good barrels, boyds stocks available, out of the box accuracy....

and they are affordable, without a second mortgage.....

13. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Imho

Think of the three "top of the line" rifle makers.

Nope, Savage isn't in there.

Now think of three "top of the line" bow makers.

Yeap, there's Bowtech right at number three.(or two)

Fred Bear and Parker makes good bows but there not top of the line, Savage fits in this group. Mass produced for the masses for sale at any walmart or gander Mt. They will sell out quailty for quanity.

I think Savage is gaining a lot more with Bowtech's name than Bowtech is gaining with the Savage name.

14. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Maybe Bowtech was not trying to gain anything from the Savage name:biggrin1: Same people will be running and building Bowtechs. There are other benefits for Bowtech than a name, they have a name as well as the know how to design and build the World's finest compound Bows:cool:

Dan

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'd like to see the numbers to back up the claim of "largest manufacturer in the world" :noidea:

16. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I hope your right Dan, I hope Bowtech keeps on the cutting edge. Right now they are a few years ahead of the everyone else but that lead won't last long if they sit still.

17. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

You don't have to worry about them sitting still:cool:

Dan

18. Maybee-R

Maybee-R Member

Didnt know they were the Largest Bow company in the world.

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

everyone notice how the fanboys, are avoiding the largest manufacturers questions.......:laugh: :laugh:

20. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Matt/PA works for Bowtech and is kind of their official voice over on AT. He said they are on pace to sell 120,000+ bows this year.