Bowtech buys Ross

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by J.C., Mar 24, 2008.

1. J.C.

J.C. New Member

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I don't go to AT any longer, but I heard it also. :lol: :lol: Until the day Andy Ross releases that someone has bought Ross Archery, I prefer to not listen to cackling hens in the yard.

3. chuck7413

chuck7413 Senior Member

I have read that and I agree until I hear something from Ross or Bowtech I will sit and wait.
    However if it is true, that would be cool. When I bought my Ross, BT was my second choice.

4. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

At this time I think this is the best move for Ross Archery. At least the Ross shooters will be able to keep their warranties, as opposed to them being completely null or void with Ross being completely tanked.

The sad thing is they had a good thing going. :doh:

5. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Why would Bowtech buy Ross? I mean I like Ross but am curious why Bowtech would want to acquire them. And did Bowtech buy Ross or did Savage Arms buy Ross? I really wanted a Cardiac at one time, glad I never pulled the trigger. I understand why Savage Arms would want to buy Bowtech since they are the big up and and comer.

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I heard Bowtech bought Ross so they would have a bow in their line under 8 lbs....... :noidea:

7. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

:lol: .........:biggrin1:

8. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Hilarious. :pound:

9. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Uh oh, here we go. :tape:

10. LWM

LWM Junior Member

Bowtech didnt honor warranties on Diamond bows made before they bought them, why would they do Ross warranty, unless maybe savage does things right.:biggrin1:

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Maybe they wanted to relive the old days when they only sold three or four thousand bows a year like Martin and Elite does....:noidea:

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I was kind of wondering the same thing. What does Ross have that Bowtech might want ? I never have shot a Ross bow since nobody around here sells them that I know of. :noidea:

Hummmm... I'm with the others that until there is some 'official' announcement (whatever that might mean in reality), I'm not going to drink the coolaid. Not that i would anyway, that just sounded good... :laugh:

Ron

13. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

I see that you are at it again today Ron.

:typing:

14. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Yeah, its like Nike buying out Pro-Keds. :noidea:

No disrespect to Ross. I'm guessing its something related to patents since Bowtech is the master of using other company's patents and improving on them and calling them their own.

15. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Funniest post of the day.......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are you still mad cause I called your spade a spade????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  16. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I'm not mad, I thought we were hving fun....:noidea:

Besides, I never even said the Mission bows were better than the Martins, I just said I liked them better. there's a difference.

As far as this thread goes, you made a ridiculous statement that Bowtech doesn't make a bow under 8 lbs, so I made an equally ridiculous statement about Martin and Elites sales. It's called give and take.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

17. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I am having fun....:noidea:

I hope everyone understands the rediculousness of my statement.....(I spelled that right the first time...:dizzy: )

18. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Now I know they are out to get eveyone on this site and that they can't be trusted.....but a moderator on AT posted this...

19. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Its called buisness. Buy all your competion when you can! Whos next???

20. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Ditto

:lol: :lol: :dizzy: :amen: