Bowtech Guardian- Opinions Please

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by turk, Jan 30, 2008.

1. turk

turk New Member

Im not new to bowhunting, but have been away from it for 3 years. I've started up again and am interested in updating my equipment. I've studied on some interesting new bow, many of which folks I know own and thus were able to give me their opinions and advice. But one bow that peaked my interest and yet I know no one that owns one is the Bowtech Guardian. I have read up about it and of course have heard some good and bad. But I'd like to hear from those who have hunted with others bows and who actually now own a Guardian and have had time to become familiar with it to give a good sound opinion about it's performance, forgiveness (or lack of), noise, etc... This is my first post. I'm a new member. Thankyou much!

:usa:

2. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I am the proud owner. Be warned, I'm a Bowtech-aholic. I have owned other brands but gravitate back to BT.

To be honest, I highly recommend you shoot one because everyone feels different. Many said the draw was a little harsh compared to the other BT's.
    I stayed away from them, sticking with my Allegiance, then a Tribute. Then one day I shot one, to ME it thought the draw was smoother than my Tribute with speed mods.

What really got me though was the total silence and lack of vibration on the shot. Even compared to the Tribute which I think is a great bow. I mean it was a jaw dropping lack of noise and vibration.

3. I've test shot them, but do own one. The one I shot felt great in the hand and was very quite. If you plan on buying a new bow, go and try it out. There is nothing like a hands on test shoot.

Welcome to the site

4. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

First of all:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to the site.

Absolutely love my Guardian. But will say that you should also try the General and the 101st Airborne. I've shot all 3 and still like my Guardian the best tho'.
    I personally have NO BRAND loyalty and believe in shooting what feels best to me and this time when I bought, I bought the Guardian. No regrets at all.
    Another Bowtech product I liked was the Diamond Black Ice. Check that out also.

Keep Shooting and have fun shooting and here on the site.:amen:

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I own a bow shop and can shot any bow I choose from the Big 3. This year, I hunted with the Guardian. This is the quietest, smoothest shooting bow I have ever shot. I shot 50yard broadhead groups with ease. Needless to say, I was impressed and rigged it up for the whitetail woods.:D

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

to be honest I didn't really like the Guardian that much... very aggressive cams that want to rip my shoulder out if i eased off the wall a little bit.

Just my opinion though. The draw is smooth but letting down is painful.

Personally I like Ross and Mathews for their very smooth draws and a little bit of room at the wall.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Gaurdian in a smooth shooter thats for sure........

8. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

The Guardian is by far my favorite hunting bow that I have ever used. I don't think that you would go wrong with that bow or any other Bowtech.

9. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I do not own one but they are a very nice shooting bow..one of the top Bowtechs for sure.:rockon:

10. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

:welcome: hi turk. think I use to talk to you some on the "other" site. got on it last week and didnt know any of them. anyway I'm sure some one will have some answers for you. I cant help. I'm a martin bow nut. again :welcome:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

FANBOY, BLOWIE:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

Who me.:noidea: :Cry: :peace:
    I can't help it if I like the BEST

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:

14. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

The Guardian ended up this past season as my Go to Bow. It has a very smooth draw and shoots tight groups with ease. The noise, shock free shot is pretty common knowledge:cool:

Dan

15. Timmer

Timmer Member

It's an awsome bow. Very happy with mine.

16. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I don't own one, but I am a proud bowtech owner and have shot more than one guardian. I hate the draw, but it shoots great. very little shock, very quiet and a good shooter. If you can learn to love the draw, it would make a good hunting bow.

17. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

The grip and the draw are both very comfortable.

18. turk

turk New Member

Thank you to all that replied. I agree that one should try out a bow before buying. BUT unfortunately I live on a island and there are NO archery shops here. Living here means catalog or online ordering. Same problem with shoes sometimes! That's why I'm doing so much checking around. Anymore input is appreciated. Happy hunting.

19. pilot

pilot Senior Member

The draw cycle on both the General and the Guardian are a little tougher than most other bows i've shot but they are overall the sweetest shooting bows i've tried. I ended up buying a General only b/c of the shorter ATA and it was the newest model but i would have been just as happy with a Guardian i believe. All my buddies that have shot my General say the exact same thing...."a little hard to draw but by far the smoothest and quietest bow i have shot once you get it pulled back". (note: my General has speed mods installed, haven't tried the smooth mods yet but i have a set on the way!)

If you have any second thoughts about the Guardian, i'll second the recommendation to buy a Diamond Black Ice instead. The Black Ice is the bow that got me hooked on the Bowtech/Diamond products in the first place.

20. yetibowtech

yetibowtech Staff Shooter Uncle Bob's

Gaurdian

I got one last year and love it, How ever after shooting the General I would buy it over the gaurdian it is even better, which i didn't think you could get a better bow then the gaurdian but leave it to Bowtech to prove me wrong.