Bowtech Tomkat

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Jeff Brown, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown Junior Member

I went to a pro shop tonight and talked with the owner and he told me I might have a problem shooting the Tomkat due to my long draw. He said that the sight window is extremely small due to the bows size and with me having a 30in draw I would be looking at the top part of the site window of the bow when I look at my sites. What he said makes sense to me, but I was just curious if anyone had a problem with this. Thanks,

JB

2. Jlovv

Jlovv Junior Member

Tomkat / Switchback

Sounds like he knows what he is talking about. I would be afraid to try and tell you myself though. Have you thought about the Switchback? if not you need to go shoot one!!

3. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

Jeff....go back and shoot the Allegiance. I have a long draw length as well. The Allegiance with the binary cams was a sweet bow. The best I've pulled on yet.

At 34 inches ata, it accomodates a long arm like me. I have a 2003 Patriot VFT with the single hard cam. The Allegiance is most likely my next huntin' rig.;)

Here's a link to the Allegiance http://www.bowtecharchery.com/main.html

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  4. 383bull

383bull Junior Member

I had last years allegiance, very sweet and fast, this years is even better, I also shot the new switchback, also very nice, I have been a die hard Mathews fan for years, but I have decided on this years Allegience, its as quiet as smooth and a whole lot faster, if you like the short axle to axle bows look at the tribute, also very fast smooth and quiet.

5. Next Ridge Over

Next Ridge Over Member

I 2nd the Allegiance suggestion for your draw length. SWEET BOW

6. Bruiser

Bruiser Junior Member

Jeff, I have a 2006 TomKat...it is awesome! I have a 30 inch draw and have had no problems. It rocks!: rockon:

7. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Member

I'd suggest shooting the TomKat for yourself. The longer draw length isn't going to change nock point or rest set up. Assuming your peep is set at a normal height, I don't see why you'd have a problem.

8. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I don't think that you will have any problems shooting the tomcat. I have someone that shoots the bow that is 6'4 and has no problems with the bow.