Bowtech - WARNING!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Slippy, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

2. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Less than 1% failure and they do a recall? Wonder what the failure rate is overall for all makers? And what is an acceptable failure rate? Slippy...go find the answers! :wave:

3. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

maybe there recalling it now before that 1% turns into 50%

4. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Bub, its my guess, that is has to be over 5% to warrant a recall. Again, thats just a guess but I have archery street smarts too. :cool:

5. Hook Em

I would agree that the number would have to be higher than less than 1% to warrant a recall. I am guessing MichiganHunter is correct in assuming the numbers were going to go up with time (like way up). I haven't seen an extraordinary amount of General limb defects posted on AT :noidea:

6. it may well be just 1% as of now but they see the real potential that it may jump alot higher fast if not corrected right away. Plus it could save them from alot of liability issues incase of injuries resulting from limb failer if they jump on it right now.
    I don't think they have the same deep pockets that auto manufacturers or tire makers have that they can just stick their head in the sand and pretend like its not a problem.

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I know for us on the Generals, not one single failure.

8. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I agree with Slippy - see it does happen :laugh: I'd guess the 1% is spin for the buying public. We see warranties for industrial equipment the company I work for sells and you wouldn't believe how many times we hear, "Oh we haven't seen that before" when it's the xth time we've seen the same failure. :nono:

9. aljo

aljo New Member

what bt warning?

i have'nt heard anything about any bt recalls, pleas tell me they don't involve my 82nd. i've shot it a couple hundred times with no problems yet.

10. Captain19

Captain19 Grim Reaper of the Foam

I agree. They like to play the numbers so they don't look bad. I am sure they got back 1% of the total number of bows they made and they all came back within a week. They figured what the problem was and most likely was a flaw that comes with wear. So to prevent a huge issue and unsatisfied customers and bad press they will fix it before it breaks. I see the company I work for do this to prevent a bad rep.

11. MOBuzzCut

MOBuzzCut Member

The recall is on the genreals limbs it is posted on their site.

12. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

My local shop has sold over 30 since November 07 with not one failure. Good move by Bowtech to back their product.

13. red man

red man New Member

my friend had a bowtech general explode on him it was the bottom cam axle at full draw we were at the archery barn and got bowtech to replace it but he sold it because he was scared and bowtech is no longer bowtech they are BLOWTECH :peace:

14. Hook Em

what a wuss :cool:

15. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

Did you come up with Blowtech all by yourself? :rolleyes: I think its a good move on BowTechs part.:nod:

16. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Really good move on their part. All it takes is one mishap to a bystander that hates archery to get hit and its all :censored: from there

17. MickeyBee

MickeyBee New Member

You can say whatever you want but it sure looks like this company knows how to make the right moves at the right time (their record speaks for itself). Now that the house of cards has fallen I wonder where the bashers will strike next???

18. BowTechShooter

BowTechShooter Junior Member

The recall wasn't issued because of how many failures there have been (less than 1%) but rather the severity of the failures when they do happen.

19. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

i think it is a smart move. Better safe than sorry. Very good of bowtech to do that.

rick

20. red man

red man New Member

i dont have a problem with bow tech i am going to get 101 but i would not by the general i said blowtech as a joke not meant to :censored: off any 1 sorry