Broadhead Poll

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Sep 14, 2007.

What broadheads do/would you shoot?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2007.
  1. Rage 3 blade 1.5" dia. cut

13.5%
  2. G5 Tekan II 1.3125" dia. cut

5.8%
  3. Muzzy MX-3 1.25" dia. cut

15.4%
  4. Other (please post your suggestion)

65.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

What broadheads do/would you shoot?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  2. 62flint

62flint Member

I like the g5 montec

3. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

the standard Muzzy 100g. 3 blade

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

After the holes I saw last year with the Rage, it will be the head I will start off with this year. The holes were gigantic.

I just had a customer return from a bear hunt. We had talked about the rage 3 blade and he was considering it. The day he was leaving, he walked in and said, I'm going to try them.

He shot a 440# black bear and said it was the best blood trail he had ever seen and he hunts bear every year for the past 15 years. The guide walked in and said it looked like a crime scene.:rockon:

The guide asked if he could buy the heads from him so he just gave them to the guide as part of his tip.

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Rage & Tekans

I have used both the rage and the tekan II broadheads, both fly great and devestate whatever your shooting at, the only reason I like the tekans more is due to ease of blade replacement/durability. Last year I shot a doe at 25 yards, complete pass thru and then drilled a fallen tree, the arrow sunk about an 1" into the log. The doe made it 15 yards before she stumbled and fell down, and as for the broadhead, it will be back in my quiver this year for another shot. Gotta love quality stuff. If the rage broadheads had a .040"thicker blade they would be awesome. Did you hear about the rage recall, check out their website for info..

6. TRB

TRB Junior Member

Slick Trick & G5 Montec

I use G5 Montec's right now but I have read a lot of good things about Slick Trick Magnums they have a 1 1/8" diameter and they are almost $10 cheaper than a three pack of G5 Montecs. I am going to buy some tomorrow and see how they work.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have been using NAP Spitfires for the past 2 seasons and I have not had an issue at all.

Ron

8. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

Havent been able to shoot at a deer with them yet, but so far i am very pleased with the performance of my Muzzy MX-3's :cool:

9. chainsawlaskowski

chainsawlaskowski Junior Member

Slick Trick Magnums 1 1/8" for me, and NAP RazorCaps for my wife. Both fly like field points (exactly the same!) and have awesome penetration. Both heads inflict serious tissue damage. Jeff

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

100grn rocky mountain gator xp. 2" cutting diameter 2 blade.

11. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I've always used the old style muzzy's too...100gr 3-b.But a new friend gave me a couple new G-5 strikers and i'm impressed with the way fly.

12. I missed

I missed Senior Member

the two blade rage 2":rockon:

13. Scablands

Scablands Member

I'm using the G5 Montecs right now but have used many different ones over the years. They all worked very well as long as they were sharp and placed well.

14. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I will be using the 3 blade Rage and the Crimson Talon. Bothe heads (imo) are very deadly and both fly great. I have shot a bear and afew deer with the crimson Talons and the tracking has all been easy because everything has died within sight. The blood trails are massive. The Rages are great and they fly great. I shot a turkey this year and it made a huge hole in the bird.

15. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Broadheads!

Sorry guys, I voted other!
    Rockets, for 10 years, if i start haveing a problem, Ill switch.
    But if it aint broke, I aint gonna try to fix it!:laugh:

16. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I voted for the Muzzy's I shoot 3-Blade 125gr.

17. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I'm shoting Muzzy 3blade 100gr and NAP Razorbacks...I like the Montecs too

18. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

muzzy 4 blade 100 grain

19. tresmon

tresmon Member

Rocket mini blasters 75 grn. 1.75 cut.

at 295fps, they fully open on the surface of an APPLE at 20 Yards, muck less deer hide....