Broadhead sharpening...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by hoyt_hunter007, Dec 12, 2006.

1. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

i was wondering what you guys use to sharpen your broadheads. I have just a basic whetstone. does anyone know the proper technique for using it? i thought you just got the stone wet and drug the blade back and forth, but someone else told me to rub the blade in little circles. any suggestions?...pics are a plus also...

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

You can go to fsdiscountarchery.com and look up Tur Angle broadhead sharper and it will show you some of these models. I have used this for 26 years. Good stuff. God Bless HS

3. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

What kind of head you trying to sharpen?

4. bullspotter

i use a G5 sportsman sharpener on 100gr B-52 witch is a one piece 2 blade head. its sweet, just takes a tiny bit off the blade, takes about 40 srconds to make a head shave hair.... i was supper impressed....

5. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

sorry, i forgot to mention that im shooting slick tricks...would the G5 sportsman be a good sharpener for those?

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I never sharpen, replacement blades for muzzy's are cheap enough and I have always felt that you take to much weight off of the head when sharpening.....I know its silly but it just some thing I have stuck in my head.....

7. bullspotter

I went and looked at a slick trick, i would think it would sharpen them blades, you would need to take them out and pry grab the blade edge with some channel locks or something just to hould it, the sharpener has a v style slot you drag the blade though, I agree with bowman to a point though, When i used heads that had replacement blades, id just buy new blades, if you want, you can send me 4 blades, and we can see what it will do. Would be a good test, and we could post some results on here, just a thought... pm me if intersted!!!

8. bullspotter