broadhead target.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by 62flint, Jul 7, 2007.

1. 62flint

62flint Member

I am in need of a new broadhead target soon. I destroyed a block target in no time with broad heads so that won't work. I have a Morrel broadhead target now and it is strarting to get a little chewed up.
    Any Ideas?

2. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Take a look at the Hips targets...they have some decent ones.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

to be honjest I've heard the reinhart 18-1 is good but a broadhead is designed to destroy the target. do yourself a favor. buy a cheap 20.00 target before the season and shoot that and then toss it after the season.

4. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

Let's put it this way. If you can wear out the rinehart in a year they will give you another one for free. What have you got to lose?

I have one and they are great.

rick

5. sweet old bill

sweet old bill Member

now if you are in a archery club or have the ability to get some free sand the best for broadheads is a pile of sand.. no mess and breakdown of a target..just put a paper dixie cup for your target and shoot away.

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Buy the Rinehart 18-1. No question that it is the best broadhead target. We put one in our indoor range in August for the guys to sight in broadheads. It's the only target that has made the full season. That's with everyone shooting it from August to November. Nothing else lasts 2 weeks.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, like Chris said. I have one of these and they are really nice and worth every penny. You can shoot anything into them you want.
    Another fun target Rinehart has is the Rinehart Field Target, which is a ball with a rope molded into it with target dots painted on it. You throw it, guess yardage, and fire away. It's made out of the same stuff the 18-1 is made out of.

Ron

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

The best broadhead target!

I think this is my best broadhead target!
    And after ya shoot it you can eat it!:laugh:

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Amen, and, good point. I didn't think about that.

Ron

10. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

I'm gonna have to check into one of those targets. I use the Block and like it, but it's the only target I've had!

11. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I also have one of the black holes. THey are ok but once I started shooting broadheads more it wore out pretty quickly.

The rinehart targets are great

rick

12. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I like the cube, and it has held up good for me, but I don't shoot broadheads as much as I used to.

No use in it!:cool:

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

You guys shooting into block targets still need to check out the Rinehart Field Target. I think I paid $30 for it and it's just a blast to practice with. It's a ball with a thorwing rope molded in. It's tough as nails. I'll try and post a pic of mine. It's been hit a couple of hundred times and you can hardly tell.

Ron