broadhead targets

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by the contractor, Jun 5, 2008.

1. the contractor

the contractor New Member

theres a ton of targets out there, does anyone have advice on one with good bang for the buck?i need one soon and i dont know which type is gonna last a while and not cost more than my truck

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Their not cheap but I found for broadhead, I couldn't beat the Rinehart 18-1. We've tried every target you can imagine in our indoor range. The guys normally start shooting broadheads in August. Nothing held up as well as the Rinehart.

3. the contractor

rhinehart, ok i'll check it out, thanks

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I do not shoot many broadheads a year so for me I just buy the cheap one from Wal-Mart and test out mine before season. I do shoot them every now and then throughout the year but not much.:peace:

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've heard good things about the morrell yellowjacket targets.....:noidea:

I got a cheapo like Hoosier did though.......:laugh: :laugh:

6. my3sons&I

my3sons&I New Member

Yellowjackets do a good job and last for about two seasons of serious shooting of b-heads. Cheap enough for eighty bucks or so with six sides to work with. DON'T shoot field tips in them. Very, very hard to pull out without inflicting some bodily harm on yourself. Scar still there on my left leg. :Cry:

7. red44

red44 Senior Member

I've had 2 yellowjackets, they do just OK, I mean they do stop them, but develope shot-out spots pretty easy. I double-dare ya to shoot fieldpoints into it :laugh: . I was wondering about these. http://www.archerytargets.com/
    Anybody tried them? My next will be an 18-1 or mabey one of these.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I've had a Rinehart 18-1 now for almost 2 years and it's probably going to outlive me... It is exceptionally good at handling broadheads of any type. The same goes for the smaller Rinehart RFT. It's smaller and lighter but easy to pack away and just break out when you and buddies want to have some fun. I don;t know what that foam is those things are made out of but it's some really tuff stuff. And arrows are very easy to remove.

I'm impressed at their products...

Ron

9. the contractor

i did some shoppin around and this site offers the best deal for the rhinehart as far as cost and shipping cost. right now its almost impossible to buy in store cause of limited stock . i got hooked on this sport by shooting a friends 10 year old browning at a round bale , and i shoot 4 out of 7 days a week, so i'm ordering--my son is ordering --the rhinehart for fathers day!

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

:thumb: :nod:

11. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Same here. For the money you cant beat these cheapo targets. I think they are like 25.00 and I have been shooting at mine for 3 years. Its ugly now but it still stops arrows. Field points or broadheads.

12. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

If it is just you shooting at the taget to tune your broadheads, just use the cheapo ones from Cabelas. I have yet to wear out mine. I only use it for BH though.

13. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

14. the contractor

dang! that is a good little video. i'm actually surprised how some of those targets shredded so fast. some of em would be trashed in a week . i cant wait till my 18-1 gets here. i already moved to round bale out to the pasture

15. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Hi

I personally think you should get a deer target to get you use to shooting at one..i use a cheap..makenze backyard buck i bought for around $69
    Your not gonna shoot it much and mine have lasted around 3 years so far.
    I do have 3 of them now so i can set up shots in the woods behind my house.
    Just a thought.:wave:

16. rpford53

rpford53 Member

Hips make an outstanding target and last quite awhile.

17. wandyhee

wandyhee Rainforest bowhunter

i've read from other forum that they use stuff that available in tractor supplier company... and they get it for free.. try to check around