Broadheads??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by oliverm, Feb 23, 2006.

1. oliverm

oliverm Junior Member

Does anybody have any ideas on broadheads??? I've heard that the "Muzzy" brand is good. I think that I want to shoot fixed blades, but I don't know which ones, does it matter if there are 4 blades or 3? I shoot a Hoyt bow with 65lb draw and carbon arrows(if that matters). I'm also looking for a good climbing treestand for around $150-$200, any ideas on that.

2. switchyhuntr

switchyhuntr Junior Member

try WAC EM theyr jus like feild tips

3. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

switchyhunter, if you go fixed blades, I suggest a "cut on contact" instead of a "punch" braodhead. Just my opinion.

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

One of my new favorite fixed blade heads is the SlickTrick.
    You can see them at SlickTrick.net. 4 blade, 1-1/8" cutting diameter. Very tough and punches a big hole.

We sold a lot of them this year and last. Had many customers bring their deer to the shop so we could see the giant holes, first hand.

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I use G-5 b-52s their a solid 1 peice head, they start to cut as soon as it hits, no hardend round tip, no blades falling out or getting broken off on the hits, and they fly awsom!! Downed my elk and deer with them last season, ill buy more....

6. Ridgehunter

Ridgehunter Junior Member

Ive said it before, no matter what you shoot fixed or mechanical if you make the shot count and hit them in the boiler room they wont go far. :biggrin1:

7. PSE4LIFE

PSE4LIFE Junior Member

Wac'ems and Wasp Boss both flew like field tips for me....Shot Muzzy 3/4blades before....flew ok but seemed to plane a bit....find some guys wiht a couple different styles and see if they will allow you to test them out of your bow before purchasing them....good luck

8. Tim Hansen

Tim Hansen Member

mechanical is the way

I have shot 5 deer and a phesant with the same spitfire 100gr head. I have not had a blade break or any problems with them. You can take the blades out to clean them and run an accusharp sharpener over them once or twice-good as new. I also shoot a hoyt 65lb w/carbon.

9. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Member

I really like the Magnus Stingers. The 3 and 4 blade versions both fly great. I got some Slick Tricks to try out. These do look pretty nice, and tough.

10. Keith61

Keith61 Junior Member

Muzzy MX-4

Oliverm, I shot this broadhead last year and loved it. I thought it was better than the old one, which it is. It's shorter, cuts 1 1/8, and smokin fast!

11. Keith61

Keith61 Junior Member

Muzzy MX-4

The Muzzy's are awsome for a fixed blad, Oliverm!

12. cornbread542

cornbread542 Junior Member

Can't go wrong with Muzzy. If you want to try mechanicals, Grim Reaper and Rockets are great.

13. dtgiacomini

dtgiacomini Junior Member

A personal favorite of mine are the magnus snuffers, very sharp and durable blade.