Broken Bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by deerassassin22, Aug 31, 2008.

1. deerassassin22

deerassassin22 BOWTECH TRIBUTE

I Have A Martin Panther Compound Bow. I Went To Pull It Pack And It Pops Sounds Like Its Coming From The Cams And It's Loud It Has Never Done This Before. This Ouccurs When I Have My Bow At Half Draw When I Hear The Poping Noise. Then All Of A Sudden It Pulls Back Extremely Fast It Feels Like Im Only Pulling 1lb. The Limbs Are Maked Out And Can't Find No Obvious Signs Of Damage Or Cracking On Limbs, Or Cams. A Couple Of Guys Who Shoot Pro Looked At It At The Match And Couldn't Find The Cause Either. Anyone Else Have Any Ideas?

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

do you have a pic of tha bow
    maybe a video of tou drawing it
    what kind of cams:noidea:

3. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

shoot yourself, or fork out 600$ and spend a week or so tuning in a new one. Gosh that stinks.

4. deerassassin22

Problem

After pulling it back a couple of more times i have noticed the cable on the bottom cam is fraying and has a divit from were the serving is missing my wife says when i pull it back and get to that spot thats when she hears it. But would this make the weight i hold back lighter. I cant upload pictures they are to big for the server i guess unless someone knows another way.

5. PA.JAY

PA.JAY New Member

sounds like the cable is going around the draw stop . look to see the the cam is bent or twisted at full draw .

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would get it to a proshop real fast and have them press it and check things over.

7. deerassassin22

Cam

It's twisted on my bottom cam the top is fine nice and straight.