Bronze medal for moi!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by chelleo, Sep 17, 2007.

1. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Well, got back from the 2 day Pacific Coast Championship and I came in 3rd place. The most important part was that I had lots of fun and the weather couldn't have been better. Here are some pics to give you an idea of the way it's set up. There were about 180 folks and we had a really nice group. The first pic is me and my group that I shot with. From left to right is Sami, Stacy, me and Connie. Stacy took 1st place and a lady from another group got second and I came in third.
    [​IMG]

This is a long shot to show the shooting line...seems to go on forever.

[​IMG]

Here's a shot showing just half the target lineup with the "stop lights". Was pretty nice..lights and whistles ....and good food too....

[​IMG]

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

thanks for the pics, looks like a lot of fun :rockon:

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Now this is feild archery right? I see a guy wairing a tee shirt. Are they ez on the dress code out there? Here I was told by a guy that they are strick here on the dress code. He said the way I dress they would not let me shoot. Jeans and t shirt.
    Congats on your win and great pics

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Neat pics !
    Congrats Chelle...

Ron

5. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

NAA rules say tops can be any color and no advertisement. They can be archery club shirts etc...but they did mention several times that if people didn't have right dress code they couldn't shoot. NO JEANS for sure, you can wear shorts, pants or skirts in Blue, white or khaki and shirts for women can be short sleeved but have to have at least 3" strap. Most folks wear polo type shirts. It was lots of fun and quite the experience. I will be doing this shoot again next year for sure because it's always in the same place.

6. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

What is the purpose of the dress code? I understand that you should wear soemthing that is respectable and not distracting to other shooters... but no jeans??? :noidea:

7. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Here is the direct link to the dress code of FITA and the NAA http://www.usarchery.org/html/DressCode.htmlIt's the same dress code for the Olympics and they feel that denim is suitable for field archery not the FITA stuff. Hey I don't make the rules...but it looks nice when folks are dressed nicely.

8. aligator

aligator Junior Member

I was there, as a spectator,on Sun., Discovery Park is a great place. Did you go to the other event on the other side of the park?

9. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Oh wow...too bad we didn't know we were both there...hehe...oh on Saturday that special event ....that made us have to pay more for parking :laugh: I think they called it a Beer Fest .....nah...walked by there and some guy was trying to get us to go in but we told him he wouldn't want to see us with bows and beer....not a good mix.

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Congrats on the Bronze medal. :thumb:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

CONGRATS Chelleo......thanks for the pics.

That first pic was ruined though.............................PSE hat.:frusty: :D

12. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Hehehe what should I have ripped it off her head? The poor kid did come in dead last though...maybe it was the PSE thing.