Building My own Arrows

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Flogg65, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Flogg65

Flogg65 New Member

New to building my own arrows. I have been trying to find a book about it and was wondering which one to get. Been trying to find a book called Building The Perfect Arrow by Chance Beaubouef any one have it and is it worth buying? Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give me.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

:noidea: :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

5. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I searched the web for arrow flight and arrow building. I then printed and read everything that looked useful. I got a cheap fletching jig I regretted, and then bought a Bitzenburger. I bought, and still use, a cheap import arrow saw for 40 bucks. I use quality componets and that eliminates alot of checking of each part prior to assembly. There are many brands to choose from that make excellent componets. I use Carbon Express Terminator Lt. Select shafts, and Blazer 2" vanes. The last 18 arrows I cut and assembeled all weighed 400 grain each, except one. It weighed 402 grains. Not bad considering I used everything straight out of the box without weighing it first, and the shafts were from two different lots. I really enjoy assembling my own arrows. I hope you do too.