BUNNYMANS triumphant return to the woods.....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Nov 3, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

As most of you know my I had season ending Surgery on Friday the 26th....

I had the Carpol tunnel release procedure.......i was going to just throw this season out the window......I shoot w/a hand held release, and I am sure i can not get my bow back w/that type of release.....

well i was feeling kinda good today and got to thinking if I dig out my wrist strap release I bet I can get my bow back.......even if I have to lower the poundage.......so I figure I will get a lisence and in the AM and the rest of this week I will shoot my bow.......

so after work today I invited Brokenarrow to come and help me retrieve a stand out of a spot I havent hunted in 2 years......the landowner has been after me to come and take the stand down.....I kept putting it off but decided maybe I would move it to my honeyhole from last year........

well anyway, the straps, no longer want to budge, seat needs to be washed and among other things I had forgotten how much I hate the strap that holds this stand in place........

so we cut the straps that hold the stix in place and get my stand out of there.....

off to my honey hole.......I figured we can have a look around and see how much sign is there........

it was unbelievable.....

NOT A BIT of sign, no poop, no rubs.....1 tiny little scrape and that was it:frusty:

so I relieved my self in the scrape and we got out of there......i will try again in a week but we didnt even kick up a doe........we didnt see a deer anywhere.....I think I will just let my hand recover fully and be ready for next year......

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I wish I had a pic of him trying to take down that stand w/ 1 hand...:dizzy: :lol:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it was pretty.........or not......

how about a pic of......

"do you think its beer poop???":lol: :lol: :lol:

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Can I come over and hunt that spot? Oh and can I borrow your treestand?:peace:

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Not even gonna give it a try. Come out here to Illinois. I think there is still a button buck you could shoot.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

HAVE AT IT............you wont be disapointed......I allready told you there's no deer there..........................................:lol:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thanks bubba....what a guy you are......:lol:

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

The Bullfiddle is a deer magnet.:rockon:

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

No but there's a black bear with irritable bowel syndrome...:lol:

10. red44

red44 Senior Member

Open invitation here too Mr Wabbit. I even have a camo pinky in 60 lbs for ya. Could set you up for a 15 yarder. With the way it rained today, how are you with canoes?:laugh:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: I guess so!!!

it was mostly old stuff though......but he was there and there alot.....:D

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

What!

U think he ate all your deer and got the runssssssssss:laugh:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think he ate some kind of berries and nuts and had to go alot........:laugh:

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

You mean you can now draw your bow back and your still not going to go hunting???? I think I would hunt the bear and put him out of his misery.:peace:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I didnt try it yet, I was going to but, now I will just wait till the doc says its o.k.

16. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Hope everything works out good for ya.One thing that bugs me about this fall/hunting is that all the leave's are still on the dang tree's:frusty: They've started turning but that's about it.A good rain might knock a few off but there's no rain in sight up till firearm season(starts here next week end)...and it's going to be hard to see them at a distance.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

all the leaves are off the trees here mostly:doh:

18. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Not here:frusty: and it's only a few day's before f/a's season.