Burn out.....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Nov 24, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think its official I have deer hunting burnout.....I am ready to go in pursuit of tree rats just to break up the norm.....I think I will just go cut some firewood this weekend.....at least I can find some trees.....I cant seem to spell the word deer right now......but tree rats....I can find them I think the next time I get some free time....its going to be eratication of rats time.....

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I broke up the deer season today with a bird hunt. I got three ringnecks a nd 3 quail. Can't wait to put my teeth into that bird meat. I will be going d eer hunting tommorrow though. Those chimpmunks are the ones that I despise the most, Boy will they ever rat you out. Have you ever considered taking 50 lbs of rat poisioning to the woods :biggrin1: God Bless You Bowman

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

chipmunks, treerats, and rat pioson, now your thinking......but I think I am giong to go comando on the tree rats.....sunday afternoon.....if I am not beat from cutting wood.....what do you think a .308 150 federal fusion will do to a tree rat???.....can you say vaporize.....plus then I dont have to skin or cook them......tree rat stew is very tasty but it takes so many and so long to skin and cook them.....

4. gunner

gunner Junior Member

Burn out I have been in the woods 4 days a week hunting deer from September 15th. I have been on a quest to shoot a book buck for the past three years. The last buck I seen was three weeks ago at 70 yards. last Saterday opened gun season and I have not even seen a deer. The boys are doing well my oldest son shot two does and one small spike. My other boy got one doe with the bow and a little 6 point on monday.

5. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Junior Member

Burn Out, me to, instead of chasing the animals around the woods, i have shifted to chasing my Wife around the house, plus its good exercise! (A hunting i will go!) Dont worry woods al be back! :rockon: Lone Wolf!

6. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

boom

I was squirell hunting with the 308. Yea a little burned out. 2months to 3d season. Can't wait.:biggrin1:

7. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

Burn Out??

I didn't know there was such a thing as "burn out" in deer hunting. I have hunted vermonts Bow & Rifle season just about everyday. I hunted Northren zone NY rifle 2 days, Southren Zone Bow and shot gun for 4 days each season. Now Muzzleloader starts this saterday and I cant wait. I will hunt everyday for the week long season. A couple years ago before I was married I hunted all of the above and hunted Pennslavania's rifle season and flint lock season. Also I hunted northren and southren zone muzzleloader seasons. If I could I would do that every year!!!

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Wow... thats just insane.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wouldnt be too bad if you were seeing deer movement.....but gets old when your not seeing anything......

10. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

You guys won't believe this but one of my hunting spots has no squirrels,chimpmonks,racoons ,skunks,or opossoms. Very relaxing knowing the noise you hear is deer or birds only.

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I have a spot like that too...It's creepy...

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am about to have a couple of spots like that......:eyebrows: (we need a rambo camondo smiley)

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

How about this one:eyebrows:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I saved it to mty pics thanks....well thats why my spots are not going to have any tree rats in them.....

15. gunner

gunner Junior Member

I have hunted for the past 3 weeks every, day and I have not even seen a thing, not even a fawn. Nothing gets old day after day, but I'll be there tomarrow.

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you must be hunting in my spots....

17. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Or mine...:Cry:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so gunner your from NY???:peace:

19. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

geez every day for 3 weeks and havent seen 1 yet, id friggen jump out of my tree........ Their is no way i could handle that....... on a bad night in my stand i see no less then pry 30 total, and have seen over 100 come into the hay feild several nights. And i dont think their was ever a single night i couldnt have at least shot a doe.... and 1 night i had 5 bucks withing 50 yards of my tree, at the same time, they were runts tho, i took a pic, didnt get it done yet, if it turned out good, ill post it.

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

bragger......:biggrin1: