Buying A New Bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Ol'Dad, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Ol'Dad

Ol'Dad Member

I'm a bowhunter period..And quiet and smooth are all I care about.I have always stayed away from short ATA bows for accuracy's sake.Now I read that the Mathews Switchback XT is a real shooter even at 31".Are these guys for real,or are they Mathews dealers :confused: I Would like to hear from some of you that have tested the bow,and are as particular about your hunting setup as I am.THANKS GUYS !!!

2. joekidd

joekidd Member

They are definately for real! The mathews, and for that matter, the other short ata bows are real shooters. Go out and shoot all of them, and I am sure you will end up with a new bow.

I did, and ended up buying a Hoyt Vtec, a little longer ata than the switchback xt, but it's a tackdriver!

I have shot the switchback xt, and it will perform in the woods. It is a very nice peice of equipment.

3. 383bull

383bull Junior Member

I had a mathews outback, and I could not shoot it very well, I have a 30 inch draw and thought the bow was to short, I went to the bowtech allegience 33 ata, I shoot it really well, I 'am looking at a new bow again so I went and shot the bowtechs this morning, the new tribute is also around 31 ATA, I have to say I was very impressed it shot very nice, now I don't know what to do, I thought for sure I would buy another allegience but I shot the two side by side and I actually thought the the tribute was smoother and quieter, I also shot the new switchback, very smooth very quiet and very accurate, alot different from the outback, I just wish it came in 80 lb. draw weight, so I quess I would suggest that you definetly shoot the bow. I think with these new parellel limb bows they have made them more accurate and easier to shoot at the shorter ata's.

4. DTP_HoytTec

DTP_HoytTec Member

They are for real.

Phenominal bow, practically sell themselves.

enough said.

DTP_HoytTec

5. Next Ridge Over

Next Ridge Over Member

I have shot the XT and if quiet and soft are what you are looking for - THIS IS YOUR BOW.

I'm an end user only - and have the '06 Allegiance on order so you can trust the source. I don't even like Mathews (too much on the dampeners, roller guards and feels "fat" to me) - Don't jump me - just my opion. :argue:

No bias here - if those are your "gotta have it" requirements you will like the XT. Hope this helps.