Calling All Short Drawers

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by warrior_lk1019, Sep 13, 2006.

1. warrior_lk1019

warrior_lk1019 Junior Member

Hello all, I have a DL of 25.5 - 26" and I would like to hear from all of you that are in the that range or close to it... say 26" or less.... I'd like to know what bow you're using and what poundage of draw weight you're using along with the bow and how it is set up....

Thank you all for your continued support and patience while I move "slowly" toward my first compound bow....

Cheers to all,

Les

2. Allen

Allen Senior Member

I'm at 26" for my hunting bow. My target bow is 26.5"

For hunting I use a Bowtec Justice (pre-Diamond) set at 60# with a muzzy rest and copper john site. I don't use a stabilizer. My arrows are 382 grains and I get about 230 fps. This is a little less energy than most think is required, but I've never had any problems. Every deer that I shot with (six so far) it has gone down in less than 100 yards. I use G5 montecs, but I expect that there are many broadheads that would do the job.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I would suggest spending some quality time on the

[​IMG]

until you can draw a 26+ inch bow. Then you can use all the common models :)

4. warrior_lk1019

warrior_lk1019 Junior Member

Hahahaha Dredly, you never cease to amaze me with your humor. I ordered one of those racks you just showed 2 wks ago with spine support brackets and they guaranteed me 5.75 inches of stretch... this way I can be near 32" and really get em down to the ground.... :laugh:

Well, soon I'll know the true DL and the hunt will be over.... I'll let you know what I come up with though...

Les