Cam & 1/2 or Cam & 1/2 PLUS!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Neuralgia, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Neuralgia

Neuralgia New Member

I've tried to read the info from hoyt.com, but can't seem to understand exactly.

I'm trying to decide which one to use in a Elite (Pro or Ultra... something I' still thinking about) for target shooting.

any ideas?

2. Full Draw

Full Draw New Member

Actually, I prefer the Spiral cams over either of them.

3. Scottyluck

Scottyluck Member

I personally would go with the C2 cam. It's faster and just as smooth. I have the C.5+ on my 737. While I like the cam, Id prefer the C2.

4. Neuralgia

Neuralgia New Member

but the difference is?

(ultra elite or pro elite? the only diff is the brace height... target intended)

5. Scottyluck

Scottyluck Member

The bh differences come from the different limbs. Using the same limbs for each cam the bh difs are pretty close.
    The other thing is I know the C.5+ is adjustable. I'm not sure if the C2 is.

You say "target shooting" but what kind? Indoor, outdoor, paper, 3-D?

For indoor paper I would go with either cam and the 3500 limbs. 3-D it would be the c2's with the 2000 limbs.

6. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Do you want speed or do you want accuracy?Indoor or Outdoor? Something to think about

There are few differences in the two really. The brace height, the ATA, and the length of the draw. For me I actually had to go with the Pro Elite because I required a shorter draw. I needed a 24/25 draw length and that wasnt available in the Ultra Elite. Now for you, assuming that you have a longer draw length, you could go with the Ultra and in doing so you could gain a little bit of speed. Some of the limb options are only available in certain draw lengths and likewise for the Cam options. I would think that the average man would be able to pick and choose, but for someone like me with a short draw I was pretty limited as to what I could get. But overall the big difference in the your options between the Ultra Elite and the Pro Elite with be whether are looking for speed over forgiveness of the bow or forgiveness over speed of the bow. If you are shooting targets persay, and you are primarily indoors then I say forget about speed and go for the forgiveness and accuracy in which case I would say go with the Pro Elite with XT3500 and choose your cams according to your draw length. Depending on your cam choice your speed will be around 290-283 fps. It's big bow but will offer great accuracy. If you are looking for speed then you may want to look into Ultra Elite with the XT2000 or XT 3000 and then depending on your cam choice your speed would be between 316 and 305 feet per second.

Anyway I hope this information helps. If you have any questions just ask :)

Rdnkgrl_robinhood

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  7. UltraElite 06

UltraElite 06 Vote for Pedro

The Ultraelite has a reflex riser, while the proelite has a deflex riser this give each model the difference in brace. In the elites you can get Cam and half plus or c2 for 2008.

8. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Reflex/Deflex difference explained

Reflex and deflex are terms used to explain the geometry of a riser. A deflex riser bow will have a higher brace height than a reflex riser bow which generally means it is a more forgiving bow. A reflex riser bow has a shorter brace height which usually translates into a higher performance bow and perhaps a bit less forgiving than a deflex riser bow. Reflex/deflex is measured by the position of the throat of the grip in terms of its location from a line drawn from each of the pocket pivot points on the handle. If the throat of the grip is in front of the pivot point line it is considered deflex, if it is behind the pivot point line it is considered reflex.
    I was trying to keep it simple, but this explains it in a little more detail.

rdnkgrl_robinhood

9. Neuralgia

Neuralgia New Member

well, I'm 5'8 with a 26" draw. So I was thinking about an UltraElite w/2000 limbs. Speed is not an issue, accuracy and forgiveness is one.

I'll be doing outdoor target mostly... but for the price I'm going to pay, I'd like it to be as "polifacetic" as possible (except for "hunting
    ', I own a Diamond Rapture :D)

10. rdnkgrl_robinhood

What??:noidea:

11. Neuralgia

Neuralgia New Member

various phases... capable of doing various multiple tasks.

multifaceted, versatile? :noidea:

PS: English isn't my first language...sorry

12. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Thanks for the clearifacation. I just wasnt sure what you were trying to say. But I got ya know :peace:

Anyway, I hope this info helps ya out.

robinhood