cams

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jetshowell, Sep 26, 2007.

1. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

simple question which cam do you prefer
    single dual or some else

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I have found I shoot single cam indoors better. But jury is still out. My bladerunner has dual cams and when I shoot it in 3D my score jumps up alot.

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Dual cams and NO cable guard.

4. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I've always shot cam&1/2 but have been shooting a solo all summer....I'm not a speed person so i really like the solo.:cool:

5. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

why no cable gaurd hows that work just take it off nothin bad about that or what

6. IChim2

Shoot through system..Normally found on Martin Bows.

7. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

what martin bows the ones ive seen all have cable gaurds

8. IChim2

I'm not a martin person but i believe it's their higher end line of bows....i thing there's a few on here that shoot martins.Hit Search at the top of the page and type in martin bows to see if there's anything.

9. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I have a S3 with the X system on it.

10. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

what bfisher said

11. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Jetshowell,

Not just their higher end bows. I have a 2007 Pantera with the Nitrous X cams. Custom order. Martin makes most of their bows with cable guards because that's what the consumer buys. Some just prefer this archaic system.

Some of us, for various reasons, like the Nitrous or new Furious cams with what is referred to as the X System, which eliminates the cable guard. You can do a search as I don't want to get too long here or start a debate.

12. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Any Martin bow with the fury, furious, or nitrous cams can be converted to the shoot through system. Maybe others, but these are all I'm sure about.

With the shoot through system, you have 4 cables on your bow instead of 2. The left hand cables form an X and remain on the left from one limb tip to the other limb's cam. Same for the right side. Your arrow is between these pairs of cables. I now own 3 bows with the shoot through. I like it.....some don't....:biggrin1:

13. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

the bow doesnt matter. you can put nitrois x on any of there bows. Till this year. they are dropping the nitrous cams. They also, are coming out w/ a speed bow for about $400.00 I heard. new cams and all machined risor. They are going to sell a ton of these speed demons that are very low priced.

14. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I've always preferred dual cams. I've shot a lot of single cams just never really was crazy about them. To me the Binarys are the Best cam system currently on the market. :cool:

Dan

15. Pinwheel1969

martin is coming out w/ a version of a binary cams this year it looks like.

16. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

I use to shoot Dual cams for there speed, but Solo's have gained enough speed for me and there faster to tune.
    But im considering going back to a dual.:noidea:

17. Pinwheel1969

NRG hybrid baby........

18. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

No!

Kinda!
    The HF!:biggrin1:

19. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Where are you getting your info???? Inquiring minds want to know....:noidea:

20. Pinwheel1969

cant tell.... but if this person tells me something that has to do with the Martin line!! It's true....