Can anyone help with the make of this bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by riverfisher, Jul 21, 2007.

1. riverfisher

riverfisher Junior Member

Hoping someone might be able to identify the maker, the only markings on the limbs appear to be serial numbers, each limb is marked Z1018. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SilentSniper

SilentSniper Senior Member

Wish I could help you. Never seen a bow like that. What is the BH on that bad boy?

3. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Looks to me to be a completely custom bow,

4. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

It sure is in good shape it apprears for it's age.

rick

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum I hope you enjoy it here.

As for the bow I have no idea but that grip in front of the riser is freaking me out.:noidea:

6. riverfisher

Its freaking me out too:noidea: Got a nice stabalizer with it also. I paid a buck twenty five for it, just couldn't pass it up. Let me know if you have any guesses. Thanks.

7. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I have seen one on the net but do not remember what it is.

8. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

find a Martin guru. It kind of looks like a Jaguar proto type

9. riverfisher

Thank you, you may be right as the previous owner had a taste for prototype items from fishing lures to turkey calls, he tried to buy prototypes and from what I understand was willing to pay large if he had to. I will follow your lead. Thank you.

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

11. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Funny,
    I saw a bow like that today,
    same grip kinda deal.

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Wow, it almost looks like you adjust draw "length" by moving the grip...
    Draw length is not the correct term I don't think but that's one strange brew... I'm going to print a pic and the next time I head to the shop I'll ask. The guy that owns it was a very long time ex-professional shooter who just bowhunts and runs his shop now. He may very well know since he has some custom bows built for him that are probably 25 years old and maybe older. He has quite a collection.

Ron

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Same here...:scared:

Sweet lookin bow though...And welcome to the forum

14. red44

red44 Senior Member

15. riverfisher

There is a resemblance there, I wonder if I can find pictures of some of his earlier bows. I'll post back if I can. Thanks for the inputs.

16. riverfisher

Here is a site with a nice collection of older bows. There is an early Bowman in the 3rd colum up from the bottom. Also, the chek-mate forward handles near the top look similar also. The cams all look much larger then the one on mine. Take a look and let me know your thoughts... Thanks

http://www.archeryguy.com/Bowcollection.htm

17. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I'd say mystery solved, you've got an early Bowman. They look identical.

Thanks for the link to the cool site, BTW. :thumb:

18. steve bear

steve bear Member

good looking bow,...only bows i know of with a under draw like that were Martin.

19. alwills

alwills Junior Member

Your bow

Hello, archeryguy here!

You already have my site and bows like yours are shown there. Other posters have pretty well said it all, here is what I know.

Those handles came out in the early '80s from a machinist who, I think, still makes releases, Scott Bomar, (and a great shooter!). He sold the handles and many people put different limbs on them. Freddy Troncoso (Golden Key) sold many of them, the famous lady shooter of that era, Eva Troncoso shot one for a while.

Stu Bowman (then of Canada) started making them up here using chek-mate limbs and sold a LOT of them. Eventually he improved on the handle design and started selling the present model.

Hope this helps!

Al

20. riverfisher

Thanks Al ...Great website and collection.

Stewart Bowman did confirm that this looks to be his orginal Accu-Riser built in Canada 30 years ago. The riser is magnesium and the limbs PSE.

Nice stuff! :amen: