Can i shoot my bow in the backyard?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by stangdra, Aug 5, 2008.

1. stangdra

stangdra New Member

I live in Port St. Lucie Florida and i was wondering if it is illegal to shoot my bow in the back yard? I live on a corner and have a house to my right side and to my left side but i have a good size back yard.

2. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I'd call the local P.D. We can tell you it's O.K. then laugh when they lock you up, but that just wouldn't be right......:D

3. stangdra

stangdra New Member

haha....hey that sounds like something i would of done..j/k:biggrin1:

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

It was illegal in my last neighborhood, but I could have sworn I could hear someone's arrows hitting a target just behind my house. The yard was fenced so no one could see.:dizzy:

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

It's not legal in certain areas around here as well. I know a few cops that come in the shop. I asked them about it. They said, it's not a ticket, it's an arrestable offence in some areas.:frusty:

6. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

Check with your local PD, and make sure you remind them that a bow is not a firearm if the word "firearm" comes up. Be safe if you are allowed, and be sure you have a suitable(tall/wide) backstop.

7. STLBlue55

STLBlue55 Guest

i hope its not illegal in my area

otherwise i am getting thrown in jail:lol: :lol: :doh: :doh:

but i do not think it is because my neihboe watched me last time

8. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

No they can only send you to bed without dinner or put you in a timeout. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. STLBlue55

STLBlue55 Guest

HEY

I need all my food:Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

10. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

I would suggest involving your neighbors into your plans. Its always a good idea to let them know what you are planning especially if they have kids. Check with the police as well but if your neighbors dont have a problem with it thats a bonus, and its a safety issue. Who knows, maybe one of your neighbors shoots too. You might end up starting a weekly event between yourself and neighbors!

11. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

:laugh: :lol: :laugh:

12. STLBlue55

STLBlue55 Guest

Thanks guys you rule

13. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

Yep old guys rule and young bucks drool. :rockon:

PS
    Cool Avatar

14. STLBlue55

STLBlue55 Guest

thanks SLICE:mad: :mad:

just kidding

15. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

We will blast lots of targets for you and the big bro this weekend. :hug:

16. STLBlue55

STLBlue55 Guest

you rock buddy:rockon: :rockon:

17. some areas may consider it a discharge of a lethal weapon, this way they can use the law to include many other types of "Lethal" weapons

18. stangdra

stangdra New Member

While i was at work a port st lucie sherif came in and i asked him if it was legal and he said as long as im shooting at targets its not a problem....So this makes me wanna buy a bow even more now. Just need to find out which one...:peace:

19. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

Well thats great news! My girlfriend and I are looking at a house to rent and I am hoping that I will be able to target shoot in that yard as well.

Have fun as you look for a bow, thats one of the best aspects is shooting all different kinds of them. Hopefully you live close enough to a few different pro shops!

20. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Yep, now you get to have fun! :biggrin1: :nod: :rockon: