Carter Sensation or Stan Super X

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Str8 Shooter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Str8 Shooter

Str8 Shooter Junior Member

I'm in the market for a Thumb release and was wondering the pros and cons of these two. I Never have owned a thumb release, I have shot a chocolate addiction and was way two big. I do understand that the sensation is brand new and very few have handled one just wanted some opinions.

2. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

I am a huge stan fan. crisp release, unlimited adjustability, no springs needed, small form fitting shape.

JIM

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are we still talking about releases????

4. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

I dont have anything else that fits that description. :noidea:

JIM

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what will jenni have to say about this post:noidea:

maybe i should, pm her a link........:noidea:

6. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Most people who try or have the Evolution love it. So if you've ever held an Evolution and liked it, my guess is that you would really like the Sensation as well since it's the exact shape and size of the Evo.

If you haven't my suggestion is to go to a shop and shoot a couple diff. models. Chris has allot of Carters in stock always and I'm sure he's got an Evolution in stock for you to try. Not sure how many Stans he keeps stocked though. :noidea:

7. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

:doh:

JIM

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

just bustin your chops.....JIMMBO.......
    :lol:

9. UltraElite 06

UltraElite 06 Vote for Pedro

Carter releases are top notch,they offer a wide array of sizes and shapes to fit all hands. The newer models have the I.T.S. spring system which makes changing springs a breeze.I have shot the same carter fitsme 2 ,for 3 years all year long indoors and outdoors and have not touched it since the intial adjustments.

10. Michael396

Michael396 Member

I can't give an opinion on the Carter, but will tell you to get a Super X II, if that is the route you take. I only use Stan releases, but the Super X had some issues with premature release, and the pins coming out. My Super X did not have the release problem, but I do have to keep on eye on the pins. The Super X II has addressed and eliminated these issues.

11. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Carter and Stan both make great release. It's worth spending the time to get them in your hands and try them both. That means you'll have to wait on the Sensation as they haven't started shipping them yet.