Cat whisker ?..................

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hoyt1986, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

I posted this in the other forum....but i think i will get a better response here!

I installed cat wisker on my bow and i was wondering how long they should be. Currently, they are probably about 2" long from every direction on my string. Should i trim them with sizzors to make them about an inch long or keep them as they are? I mean i have no idea if that will add a positive affect to my bow or not? i can hear them wizz whenever i shoot. I mean dont get me wrong it isnt loud or anything. i was just wondering if having them short would gain me more speed and quiet them down a bit!?!?! Any advice would be appriciated!

2. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

:pop2: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :confused:

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

that depends... are they still attached to the cat? :lol:

sorry couldn't help myself.

I think the longer the whiskers are the slower your arrow will be. I don't know if there is a "perfect" size that is proven to be the most quiet. I would trim them a little bit at a time until you get to where you are happy with it.

4. After the stock BowTech silencers wore out on one of my '07 Guardians, I installed cat whiskers and trimmed them back to about 1 1/2 inches. The bow is even quieter and the speed is the same. I didn't tie them onto the string, I presed the bow and put them in the middle of the strands and then served them into place,, in the smallest area I could get them in. I actually rolled them up before putting them into the string. This eliminated the weight of the knot in the "tie on" method of installing cat whiskers.

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

That's how I do it.....

6. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

every one's different,i try to keep them about an 1" long.

7. jessetjames

jessetjames Junior Member

i like a little shorter then 2"