Cell phones

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by XSPOT, Feb 5, 2007.

1. XSPOT

XSPOT Junior Member

Why is it when you are shooting someones cell phone goes off, they have a vibrate switch button on them, I was shooting a tournament today and a cell phone started ringing, lost total concentration and let down, I could not tell you how many times I have been at the range and cell phones start ringing, total ignorance to me. please put on vibrate

2. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

So is the offender on the line??? If so, that's not right. If they are in the gallery, there's not much you can do, other than let down & regroup. I like distractions will practicing. It helps to keep me focused or a brief break, deep breath and then refocus. Normally our local shop is pretty light hearted & fun. Just before the state indoor Vegas 900, there were 2 lines and spooky quiet. I didn't like that at all.
    That being said, my livelyhood is made by my cell phone. I do turn it off during leagues.

two_shoes

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I love cell phones... they pay my salary

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I leave mine in myh vehicle. Nobody could want to get ahold of me that badly unless they were to call me to tell me I'm dead...

Ron

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I shut mine off when I shoot or if I'm at a shoot...

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I too like a little noise while shooting. As long as the guy right next to me on the line is not the one with the ringing phone.

7. I like noise when I am shooting, when its to quite my mind tends to wonder.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

or the exploding bowt......:biggrin1:

no but seriosly why bring your phone to a shoot....i go to shoots to get away from the phone......

9. justiadak

justiadak Member

My opinion on cellphones is that if you cant shut it off for 2 or 3 hours to go to the club and have a little fun you mite as well bring the ball and chain with you hell call your mother in law and take her to!!!!:doh:

10. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I try to not bring mine or turn it off, it dosnt really bother me when someone elses goes off. i like a little noise. But i try to be courtious to everyone. What bothers me is the idot on the line sticking his bow limb or stabilizer in front of me when im shooting. I had this happen to me 3 times in one shoot. Needless to say the 3rd time he was not paying attention, their was a good disturbance on the line to pry 15 or so shooters......

11. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I like noise while I am shooting. Especially music. But Cell phones on the other hand kinda piss me off. It really pisses me off when the guy getting the call stands in the range and talks REALLY LOUD on it. If I wanted to know what this guy was up to I would ask! The only other thing that really torques my lugnut is when there are 2 parents shooting the tournament and they let there little kids run around and yell and scream the entire time. It makes me nervous that they are gonna run out in front of the line, and also makes me angry that the parents dont really care.:mad:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

If the kids are young enough to be there but not shooting.....they do not belong in the same area as the shooting is taking place.....find a baby sitter or dont shoot....

I love kids you all know that but there is a line that needs to be drawn....thats why my daughter will not be going to any shoots as a spectater untill she is old enough to shoot or her mother is there to keep the "leash tight"

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

"Leash tight" = Explain why Daddy just slammed his bow off the ground after missing the target

14. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Cuz the kid was screaming to be set free. :laugh: HS

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Most noises I can deal with except for screaming kids. I do agree they need to be on a tight leash. And if possible muzzled.:biggrin1: J/K