changing cams

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jetshowell, Oct 9, 2007.

1. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

anyone know what cam is on the relfex line and if you could switch it to the zypher cam from the hoyts

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I don't see why you couldn't use a Hoyt cam...It's a hoyt bow...:noidea:

3. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I think they have the cam 1/2 on them, you pry could change it over, but you pry will need the string and cables, hard to say what lenght they would need to be to make it work properly, And then you still might not have a bow that performs like a trykon. hard to say....:noidea:

4. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Sometimes, on any bow, it's not just as simple as changing the cams. You can put pretty much any cam on any bow. One problem you often run into is that to maintain the weight range you have to change limbs, too. Then there's always figuring out string and cable lengths. And you also might have a change in the draw length range also. Can be quite complicated, but you'll never know unless you experiment.

Personally I'll never use a draw length specific cam. I do too much playing .

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Limb deflection will not be the same. Even if you figure out the strings and cables, you could end up with bow that peaks at 25 lbs or 125 lbs.

6. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

so if the bows have the same limbs like some of the hoyt's to then theoreticaly there wouldnt be a problem right

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Without removing the limbs and checking the deflection numbers, you don't know if they are the same. 70# limbs on one bow may not be the same at 70# limbs on another model.