cheap silencing material

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by J.C., May 2, 2008.

1. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I saw a tip on another forum to check in the sewing/craft department at Walmart for cheap rest and arrowshelf silencing material. It's called Prestofelt and it comes in 9" x 12" sheets for 97 cents. It's got the peel off backing just like moleskin but it's thicker and tougher and it's made in the good old USA.....:usa2: It comes in several colors. I got some black and some dark green.

Walmart haters (Bunny :wave: ) can check at their local craft/hobby store, I guess....:noidea: :biggrin1:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Great tip man...:peace:

3. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

What if I like spending $5.00 for something I can get for 97 cents? huh?:rolleyes:

Good tip man, thanks!

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Will definitely try this out. I put a limbsavers dropaway pad on my vulcan and I think it is nosier then the old moleskin.

5. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

I use to use rubber band for string silencers :biggrin1:

6. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

I've seen that before, don't remember how well it worked though. Age is catching up with my memory.:mad:

7. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

The best string silencer is fishing string!:crazy:

8. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Though I haven't tried it, when I was looking to see if the sticky backed felt was available locally I spotted velcro loop with self adhesive backing. The adhesive is pretty waterproof...it's a bit fuzzy...and you can either tease it up with a small comb to make it "fuzzier" or trim it down with scissors to make it shorter.

If I can't find the felt do you think a strip or two of that would work?

Anyone ever tried it?

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've never personally tried it, but I've heard that people use it and it works great.

10. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I bought two big squares of sticky backed felt for 2.00 bucks a peiced a few years back at a craft store.I still havent even opened the one. Way stronger than mole skin and a 1/4 the cost.

11. Werd

Werd Senior Member

I work at walmart :lol: and get 10% discount. So 10% of 1 dollar is what? 10 cents? You pay 0.97, I pay 0.87

12. kingshooter

kingshooter New Member

Thanks for the info. Tried it, works great! Not bad for 97 cents

13. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Well there's another black eye for Walmart....:tape: Oh well I bet there ammo sales have trippled...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

14. Twinsfan

Twinsfan New Member

thanks for the tip i will be checking it out