Check out Bowtech' new Apparel!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by MeanV2, Sep 26, 2007.

1. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Not to be a jerk but what's so special about that stuff ?
    And, it's really expensive...

I'll buy what I can see and feel in the stores, preferably after the season ends when prices are down. And I'm not going to pay extra for a company logo on the garment. If they want to put their advertising on the thing, give me a discount....

Ron

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

but its bowtech and he is the original fanboy, so dont say anything bad......:D

4. olehemlock

olehemlock Senior Member

don't you have something important to do.....like, color some eggs:D

5. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Hey that is a new one. It most haved slipped by me :frusty: :pound: :pound:

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Don't hate him because he speaks the truth.:wave:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so your a bowtechy???:noidea:

9. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

10. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

thanks for the link Dan! I am going to have to get me some new goodies.

rick

11. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Lots of jealousy on the Forums as usual. I've always been a Fan of what I shoot, if I wasn't I'd be shooting something else:D If you aren't a Fan of what you shoot maybe you should be shooting something else:p The 08's will be realeased soon, and I can assure you, True to Bowtechs reputation they will not be a disappointment.:cool:
    New clothing and hat designs are pretty sweet. Beats coming out with the same ol, same ol every year. Some guys are chronic whiners:cool:

Dan

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

If your are a fan and potentially a product sales person or promoter, why don't they give you some promotional items for free to use as promotional tools ?

I'm not going to pay big bucks for a Bowtech hat, polo, t-shirt or anything else just because I shoot a Bowtech (I do hunt with a Bowtech and love it).

The Bowtech hat I got with my Allegiance was nice. When it got worn out and quite frankly, stinky, I threw it away. In my opinion, Bowtech should give me a new one for free (although I didn't ask for one, maybe I should). I already paid $700+ for my bow. The hat, which generated a ton of conversation for well over the year before I tossed it probably cost Bowtech $2-$3... It probably gave Bowtech $1000+ at least in advertising and even more in sales and name recognition during that time. That's a hell of a return on investment. Somebody tell me if I'm wrong but if I am I'm not wrong by much.

I have a good friend that owns and operates a railroad company. He does railroad crossings, rail repair, etc... He has camo hats in many different camo patterns for various forms of hunting and has a really nice (much nicer than Bowtech's hats) fully embroidered logo on the front, back and sides. He gives them out to all of us every Fall for free and taylors the styles for what each of us hunt for and in what season. Some of us get multiple hats for each hunting season and species including upland/waterfowl/deer, etc... You know what ? None of us use his services or have ever given him any direct business... But I run into people when I have his hats on that ask about it. I don't know if it generates any business for him but just the fact that people come up to me ans ask: "Hey, what do they do ?" is a huge deal.

Name recognition and references are everything these days. Bowtech is great, but the general hard goods industry needs to take notice that word of mouth is a powerful thing. Inexpensive ball caps and t-shirts with logos generate tons of conversation.

I checked out Mathews online store. That's a ripoff too.... Geez, let me see, I have a $750 Mathews bow and they are going to charge me $40 for a polo advertising the company ? I'll continue to wear my 15 year old Nirvana T-shirt at shoots, which I get a lot of compliments on. If somebody wants to know my name I'll use a Sharpie marker and write my name on it. It'll look just like the 'tournament' shirts...

Ron

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  13. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Well you like to Type Ron:D There are those who don't mind spending a few $$ to help promote what they like. There are also those who believe Walmart hunting clothes are as good as Gray Wolf Woolens:doh: It takes all kinds:cool:

Dan

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, I feel like I type for a living... That's because I more or less do... :laugh: I've ranted on here a couple of times before but I think you're the first to actually reply to a "Ron's Rant"...

I lived in the retail business for a very long time. It's so easy to fall into the trap of paying a company to advertise their products... In my opinion we need to force the issue and get the companies to comp us for advertising for them... If you think about it's a win-win, as opposed to a win-'we spend $40+ for a polo with Mathews/Bowtech logo on it'...

Walmart stinks and I try and stay away.

Buying functional clothing like Underarmor, Scentlock, etc with logos are one thing because you are buying functional items. I'm not saying I'd remove the Bowtech and Allegiance decals off my bow. That's different and that's what the companies should be doing.

I didn't mean to offend at all, I just get wound up at how companies can figure out ways to keep pulling cash out of our pockets well after the original sale for their own growth, without comping us. And a then a lot of people have customer service issues after the fact. When you think about it it really boggles the mind.

Plain hooded sweatshirt at K-Mart is $9 (bought one today). One with screen printed (cheap) Nike logo is $25 (took a pass)... And, they most likely move more Nike logo stuff than the plain stuff, even if the plain stuff is better made.

Ron

15. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I'll reply to anyone's rant:D

Looks like we do Agree on one thing:cool:

Dan

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

There you go ! :laugh:

Ron

17. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I always try to Look for the best in a person. You shoot a Bowtech and you don't like Walmart then you are OK in my book:D

Dan

18. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I think I will just quote Rain Man...K-mart sucks :wave:

19. If ya shoot good enough - you get them for free:peace:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I DO........I must shoot "good enough" or its just that I am a nice person and people find me attractive to represent them......:peace:

then again everyone loves a bunny!!!!!!!!:rockon: