Check out this Darton AS300

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by whitetail99, Mar 26, 2007.

1. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

A good friend of mine Dean ended up getting a new Darton AS300. It ended up with custom ProString , GKF rest and Windstalker cable guard. Its getting a solid 297 FPS at 60# 27" draw 300 grain arrow. He mentioned how much he loved the way it held at full draw {very solid}. This is a picture of my wife holding the bow {she is way better looking than Dean}.
    :rockon:

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's a nice lookin' bow...:biggrin1:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Sweet looking bow.
    That handle looks great. How narrow is that ? It kind of looks like the 2007 Diamond/Bowtech handles, which I really like a lot. Really torque free.

Yeah I'm certain your wife is much prettier than Dean, whoever he is... Don't bother posting his pic...
    :laugh:

Does she shoot too ? If not we need more support for the sport so convince her to have at it.

Ron

4. I thought Darton had yoke cables on their Two and a Half Cam...

5. whitetail99

The bow is very torque free / resistant . My wife does shoot and has take two whitetails with her bow and only shot two arrows! She started shooting again last year when I bought her a new Darton Tempest 40-50# which I have set at 35# now. She is not unlike most women dislike for bugs, wind, too hot, too cold, muddy, .. ect. But I do enjoy when all my family shoots together.

As far as the yolk take up question its only on the Pro series from Darton . The assault series doesn't have it. The Assault series does have a adjustable limb button stop on the upper cam. Here is a close up pic of the upper cam on this AS300.

6. So this cam system is more like BowTech's Binary cams? I didn't know that had two of this type?

7. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

yes darton changed there cams this year to a binary design !! Since they are the inovator of that design. they are a better design also. You dont get the cam lean that Bowtechs were getting in there earlier productions. But, they've cured that issue too!!

8. whitetail99

Well its very close in design. I did not take a picture of it but the cable side I believe is different than the Binary system you see on Bow Techs. The Darton system has a small round wheel the the opposite cam unwinds during the draw cycle. I will try to get a pic to be more clear on the description.

9. This is the third year BowTech produced the Binary cam system and Darton's first...

10. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

And it took them 3 years to get it right! LOL
    J/K
    Yes I know this. Darton has rights on cam & 1/2.

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That looks a lot like how the Bowtech cables are set up.

I have a 2006 Allegaince and I would really like to have the 2007 riser/handle on that thing. If I only waited another year...

Duhhhhh...

Ron

12. whitetail99

The cams share the same fundamental configurations. The limb are notably different.

13. whitetail99

Darton limb is wider on the cable side.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

umm from those pics your right.....big time different:bored: :noidea: