Check this story out...W/ Pict....

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Hoyt1986, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

First off let me say I recieved this in an email....so IDK if this story is a true story or false story, but i just want to pass it along!

Allright I had a great but unusual afternoon. My friend called and told me when he woke up this morning there was a buck in his yard so he let the dogs out and it ran off. The dogs came in and the deer came right back. He opened the door and started easing towards the deer and got all the way to it and touched it on its head and it jolted a little hooking his shirt and cutting him on the chest about 8 inches but not real deep. He went back in and went to the back window and the buck came around and was butting glass with horns trying to get in. He let the dogs out and the deer jumped in the pond to evade dogs and laid up on the far bank watching. When my friend came out the deer came back across the pond and was molesting my friend and even tried mounting him. I drove across the lake to see this and when I got 200 yards before his house there was a guy walking pretty fast on the side of the road with this buck pursuing him. I stopped and he had to keep pushing the deer away to keep him off. Then the deer turned his attention on me and came at me pretty fast and I grabbed him by the full side of his rack. Boy he did not like that, he jerked hard and backed up and snort wheezed at me and raised all the hairs on his back and made a charge at me. I stepped around the car as I was unsure of his intentions at this time. The guy hollered at him and he spun around and put his head to the ground just like when chasing a doe and ran towards him. He put his hand down and grabbed him under the chin and lifted up his neck and this stopped him immediately. About that time the person across the street came out her house and saw the deer and the deer saw her husband and ran to him. The deer ran to the guy and the guy just gave the deer a hug and started petting it like it was his dog but he had never seen it before. The women decide she would go in and get something I don't know if food or a camera but the deer trailed her with his head to the ground all the way in to the house. I left at that point and went to my friends and launched the boat. I caught 11 bass two five pounder a four pounder and the rest 1 1/2 pounders. I kept a couple small ones for dinner and let the rest go. When I first started fishing I could see the first guy walking in his backyard with the deer constantly rubbing against him and occasionally trying to mount him. He couldn't take the deer anymore and was worried about his kids and called LDWF. Unfortunately they came out and shot the deer as they can't allow a wild animal to interact with humans. This deer was obviously someones pet who had gotten loose but had no tags or anything else. It's ashamed the owners didn't get the deer back he was awesome. He was an eight point but had his right side broke off just above the brow tine. This was a small bodied buck probably 125 pouds, it appeared to be a native florida parishes deer. This was in St. Tammany parish. I will try to post pictures tomorrow as I took a couple.

2. cool pic's, its sad to hear the out come but it was probably for the best in the long run. If it was a pet, the owners might have cut the other half of the antlers to help ward off poachers:noidea:

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

WOW..........thats wild. Too bad they had to put it down. :doh: :Cry:

4. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Thats a wild story.

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I am thinkin the first time that deer tried mountin me I would have been givin him a right cross...:laugh: :laugh:

6. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

So.....

What did they do with the Backstraps?:tape: :biggrin1:

7. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

and here i am thinking i am really glad I dont know what you look like because the pictures in my head arent pretty... funny but not pretty