Check your bows speed using this chart...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Oct 18, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

click on this link and if you know your arrows total wght than only fill down to the red...can't believe how accurate this thing is...if nothing else..it's fun to mess with.bucklemke.com/ke/ke.php

2. rpford53

rpford53 Member

Good chart and would get you in the ball park, but one draw back is the assumetion that bow company advertise true IBO speeds. Company are getting better at it, but I still use a cronograph to get true speed. The placement of spped nock on the string can change your fps as much as 5 to 6 fps alone. Good tool to use, but for true speed use a cronograph. I have heard people tell me their bow shoot some many fps, and I ask how do you know and they normal come back with the IBO is etc... So I pul out my cronograph and find the true speed and it is normally slower by about 10fps on average. :doh:

3. IChim2

Yeah i know...one of my hunting bows Chrono's at 264fps.....and that chart is within +5...still neet to use and just depends on how picky one is or if they just want to argue the point.

4. Maybee-R

Maybee-R Member

I must of done something wrong. my bow is shooting 314 with a 421 gr arrow according to the chart. but the crono I shot through said 310. but it is close.

5. IChim2

That is close.I posted the link incase someone wanted to play arround....but it is fairly accurate though.

6. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

My bow was off by about 14 fps. But pretty cool anyway!

7. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

This is pretty accurate. It hit my hinting bow on the nose according to the crono that I used which is 293. My target bow it was 2 fps high it shows 301 and the crono shows 299.

Mo.Hick

8. Huya

Huya Senior Member

That is kind of a cool deal there. Thanks for the info.

9. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Calculated at 288. Through my chrono 286, 286, 287. (Last time I checked)

My chrono must be right-on also.:wave: On second thought, maybe not.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

My trykon shoots 280 through the chrono and I just guesstimated string weight at 15 grains and the calculator came up with 279......:rockon: seems good to me, thanks for the link now its in my favs!

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Not bad...I shoot 271 and it came up with 269...

12. IChim2

Like i said...just something to play around with.Helps though if you don't have access to a chrono....gives ya an idea.one of my bows it showed 268 but i've chrono'ed it at 263....i may be off on total wght of string items that i gave.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  13. Maybee-R

Maybee-R Member

Yep thats were I think I went wrong.:doh: