Choked up

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by dodgensince74, Feb 25, 2008.

1. I was just reading a thread and it got me to wondering.

How many here have a short but happy story to share with everyone about what some one may have given you and/or said to you out of the blue that left you all choked up and speachless and possibly with tears in there eyes, even after months or years have passed? I have a few stories I will share but I will have to write them in my word pad and then paste them here since they still get to me. :peace:

2. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I had a guy give me a brand new Cabelas folder with rosewood handles. he said it was just because he enjoys seeing how much time I spend with my kids.:noidea: I had no idea that I was even doing anything that was being noticed. I really appreciated the gift and the compliment. :hug:
    I never even knew that this guy noticed me.

3. Here's one of my stories, this past X-mas we decided to put everyones name in a bowl and to draw a name. We put a spending limit of $20 so the kids could participate. My brother drew my name, well X-mas morning he hands me my gift, it was the dvd I wanted. Well the part that got to me is that later that day when all the family left he handed me another gift, I told him we were only suppose to buy one. He told me that the first one was only half the limit so he got me another, I open it and it was a new Buck Zipper knife with the gut hook, it was the one that I have been wanting for awhile but with me paying my moms meds every month and me being on a disability check I had to choose my prioreties. I handed it back to him cause it was over the limit and there was no way I could possibly buy him a gift of equal value. He handed it back to me and said that he did it because I am always there for all of the family when they need me and I don't ask for anything in return and that he also knew the reason why I can not afford to buy it myself and then he thanked me for doing what I do. Every time I think about that day I get choked up, it isn't because of what he got me it is because of what he said was the reason why he did it.

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

now you got me all choked up.....:doh: