class?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I am going to my first 3D shoot on the 18th. My club is hosting it. What class would I be in and/or where to I find the rules/regulations and classes for the shoots? Just trying to educate myself :biggrin1:

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I can't remember what your set up is or if you even have posted it. Anyway, they will be able to tell you at the club, they should have it laid out as to what the requirements are for each class. Don't make any bets like Bowman.:laugh: :laugh:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont have any why do you ask????:biggrin1:

At my club you would shoot from the same stake as me......the women/traditional stake.....:biggrin1:

If I could offer one peice of advise, dont take a score card to your first few shoots......Just go and shoot the course and have a blast learning about this great game called 3d......after you have a few shoots under your belt then you can decide if you want to keep score or not......

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I shot a quite a few 3D's when I was shooting 5 yeas ago, so I am not totally new to them.

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

What "class" you fall in will depend on the club. Some clubs follow their own classifications, while some will follow ASA/ IBO. It all depends.

Most of the clubs I shoot at have.... Youth, Traditional, Bowhunter and Freestyle (pro/trophy). And a Mens, Senior and Womens category. The "class" you sign up for will determine which stake you will shoot from.

Since this is your first shoot in awhile I would tell them to put me in any class that they want and shoot from whatever stake you feel comfortable with.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

awsome, can I do this also or is it a girls only thing:biggrin1:

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

It usually depends on what type of equipment you have. Some clubs have different classes depending on stabilizer length, scope or pin sight and of course male/female.

The club will let you know when you get there. Not something to be overly concerned about. Just go and have a good time.

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

dress up like an old guy and shoot from the Senior stakes. you can take em!

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hey Big Guy that's a cheap shot> Why? because I resemble that remark. :biggrin1: HS

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, I agree, don't keep score your first few times.
    In fact I still shoot without keeping score. That way my buddies won't make fun of me for beating me since there's nothing to measure! :laugh:

Seriously though, we often don't shoot from the same stakes for each target. We kind of make our own game out of it. We treat each target like it's a unique game, kind of like a skins game of sorts. We go out and just plain have fun.

Ron