climber's or ladderstand's or groundblind's

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by kbohunt, Mar 23, 2007.

1. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

I was wondering how many of u use climber's or have you backed off of useing them.
    I found in my 30's i would run up a tree in a minute but the older i get i look for the easy way out which is get my 19year old to carry about 8 ladder stand's set them up in honey-hole's & i can slip in & out without makeing any noise.:biggrin1:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I use all three it all depends on the location.....:noidea:

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Ladder stands and ground blinds for me.:peace: I'm out there to enjoy the day not work(climbers).:laugh:

4. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i like ground blinds and plain ol tree stands :amen:

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use all 3 but I like my climber the best. I have an Ameristep Stinger. It's big, light (all aluminum), comfortable and solid as a rock. I also like ground blinds in early season before the farmers pick, and depending on where I am.

Ron

6. QDAWG44

QDAWG44 Junior Member

I love my Lone Wolf alpha climber. Its sooo light and low profile compared to my Summit Viper (which I like for gun hunting). But best of all it is very quiet, which we all know how important that is. Only downside is that the stand only works well with larger tree's which can be tuff to find sometimes

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I also use all three but mostly hangers and a climber. My summit climber is the most comfortable stand that I have. I am not afraid to go over fifteen feet up a tree with my climber, but get a little nervous that high in a hanger, safety harness or not.

8. MdBowhunter

MdBowhunter Member

I use Hangers, Climbers, and ground blinds. I mostly use my climber as a quick back up. Im in my hangers most of the time and in my blind the other part of the time.

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

hanger's & climber's

I use summit climber's to.
    on your hanger,s/lockon's do you us a ladder.
    the reason im asking i've got a couple of hanger's with screw in step's and im thinking about switching the step's out with a climbing stick is it easy to move around & set up.:biggrin1:

10. MdBowhunter

MdBowhunter Member

I use both sticks and screw in steps. My sticks are really quick to set up and move like you said and that is what I will use most of the time, but I am also part of a hunt club in my area and I will use the steps if I go there because people dont see them as good when there walking around. I will also take the stand out and leave the steps there if I think someone else might be in the area because most of the time they wont feel like unscrewing the steps if the happen to see them.

11. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

Lets noy forget the homemade wooden stand. I love the comfort and stability of my "triangle" stand. Next is the safety and ease of use of the ladder stand, I have 4 of those in the woods year round. My hang on of choice is the API baby grand. I consider these semi-permanent and set them up a few weeks before season and usually leave them up until the season is over. Sometimes I'll move one if I feel the deer are on to me or if I was incorrect with the orginal spot. For in season scouting and new hot sign I use my lone wolf climber,it has been a godsent for getting in quiet and making first sit kills.

12. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

i think it depends on the situation and where u hunt. new property .. climber or blind... same stuff every year climber or blind until u figure the deer out then fixed stand