Cobra Sidewinder series?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Jun 13, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Anyone have any experiences? either the Sidewinder LX or the Sure-loc Sidewinder.

I had a cobra adjustable a while back and was really unhappy w/it....the aperture fell out of the scope housing and the adjustment knob stripped and fell off within days of purchasing it.

Hey Chris is the sure loc sidewinder considered a fixed pin or movable?

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The sure-loc special ops would be considered fixed as long as nobody caught you moving it during a shoots.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:doh: you did not understand....Cobra now makes and may have been for a while a sight called the sure loc sidewinder it has the extentions and slides like a sure loc but the housing and fixed pins of a sidewinder series.

4. BowTech81

BowTech81 Member

The Sidewinder LX with the sure-loc design is not condidered to be a moveable sight. Even though you can move it in and out, it does not give you the convenience to fine tune your sight down to the yard like moveable sights. I wondered about this myself, until I went to a shoot and was told I was O.K.

Bowman, where did you find a scope that worked with the sidewinder?

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

It wasnt really a scope persay but a cheap knock off of the HHA adjustable...
    well not really cheap at $75......

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Don't hold me to this but the cobra sure-loc sidewinder and the sure-loc special ops are the same sight. The sure-loc version may have a different extension. I think the micro adjust and the head and pins are the same on both.

We normally have the sure-loc special ops in the store and it's very nice.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont have a cataloge in front of me but does the special ops have a coiled fiber optic housing, like it seems all the sights are going to? I stand corrected, just went to the online store and looked, same sight right down to the price!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006