Cobra sights. Good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Straightandtrue67, Dec 12, 2006.

1. I just wanted to know some opinions on sights from Cobra. Do we have any shooters on this forum who use Cobra sights? I want to get a light weight sight system for my bow and the Cobra sight set-up seems to be the lightest I've seen so far. Any good sight suggestions?? Thanks.:biggrin1:

Take Care and God Bless!

Ed

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Seem to be great sights. I do not use them but I have a buddy that has I believe the sidewinder and he loves it. Just goes to show you do not need to spend alot of money to be happy. Truglo and cobra are both nice sights for a decent price. Good luck hope this helps.:peace:

3. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

I shoot cobra sights. Dont remember which model right now. But I really like them. They extend about 5 inches from the riser. This helps with my old eyes. I have tried many different sights and like these the best. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. These work best for me.

Mo Hick

4. shaft

shaft Member

I use a Cobra sight and dont plan on buying anything else. When I bought my new bow a year ago the sight came off the old and went on the new.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I like those Cobra Sidewinder sights.....I beleive Sure loc sells the same sight....

I did have a Cobra that failed on me at a 3-d shoot.....it was a slider dont remember the model.....the pin and aperture fell out of the housing on the second target......I mounted a HHA housing and aperture on the frame.....worked out fine....

For an all around sight I dont think you can beat an HHA....rock solid....and tough as nails.....

6. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I have 2 of the cobra sidewinder sights, and likem lots!!! Got 1 on my hunting rig with 7 pins, and one for my target and 3-d rig with 5 pins, and the top 2 are the finer dots, I likem, theirs lots of pin colors to choose from also. 3 of my buddies also have them on their hunting rigs, and they likem too!! their great for low light conditions.... and they make a good cammo one too!! Did i say i really like it!!!!

7. I have 2 Cobra Side Winders and like them, my brother uses a trophy ridge because he likes the verticle pins. I don't think you can go wrong with the cobra sites, IMO. I would just make sure to go with a five pin. Good luck.

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I had a Cobra Electra-Slide single pin sight and I liked it a lot. I used it for about 2 years. I sold it because I wanted to go with a 5 pin setup instead of an adjustable single pin sight. I did like it and it stood up to a lot of shots and was still in excellent condition when I sold it. One of the members of these forums bought it from me.

Ron

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

They are trash! Look elsewhere for a hunting site. Copper John makes a vastly superior site for about the same price

When you buy a Cobra Sidewinder sight you are rolling the dice on if you will get a good one or not. The ones that I have had experience with never stay set in place ( the ones with thumb screws are even worse).

Cobra has poor customer service, they accused me of lieing when I told them that my sight moved and then after several more discussions they finally said I had to pay to send it to them so they could look for a "manufacturing" issue. To offset the price of shipping they offered me a "free" hat even though I would have to cover shipping both ways. If they found a defect they were going to send me a new one in place of the one I sent them...

I still have it sitting in a box somewhere. Screw them.

I have heard numerous other reports of this same thing happening to other people way to frequently to consider picking another one up.

so I repeat from somone that got the "crap" site - DON'T GET A COBRA!

10. bullspotter

Hey dreadly, was that a sidewinder sight you have trouble with? if so, ill buy it off ya!!!!

11. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

My opinion? They are so-so. Half decent in their price range. I was just in Bass Pro nosing around a while ago to see what might be different----nothing much.

A couple sights that might be worth looking at are some of the Toxonics and Extremes. Viper is another company.

Here are some of the things I look for:

All machined aluminum--- I've broken some cheap plastic ones and/or had them rattle apart. A guard that protects the pins WELL---made of aluminum. Metal pins--preferably steel, ease of adjustment, micro-adjust in both the horizontal and vertical planes. Pins must be bright without the use of a battery powered light---here's where wrapped fibers help.

Depending on what you're special needs are there probably ins't much need for more than 3 pins, but you could buy a five pin model so you have pins for long range practice and then just remove them or slide them out of the way for hunting. In most hunting situations less is more. By that I mean less clutter and less chance of picking the wrong pin.

If you like adjustable (sliders) then I'd suggest something like the HHA OL-5000. This comapny gives a lifetime warranty and is supposed to be very good on caustomer service. I can't attest to it because I've never had to deal with them. Good products last a lifetime.

I've got several Spott Hogg's on my target and 3D bow. You really can't buy a better pin sight, but the pin guard is too narrow for good protection of the pins/fibers. And these aren't cheap at $130-$185.

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

you got a PM

13. bullspotter

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Does anyone else see a pattern developing??? :laugh:

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah apparently I'm just a big lier! Maybe I should talk up being a lawyer?

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I prefer to think of you as a creator of make believe.....

17. bullspotter

:laugh: well Bowman, that still calling him a lier.... hehe

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

but its such a nice way to say it. I barely noticed the negative aspect. I think Bowman just wants another hug...

IB4Hoyt would you mind stepping over there and giving Bowman a hug?

19. bullspotter

Ill do it!!!:hug: :hug: :hug:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I didnt relize this was the rainbow forum....I am not real happy w/the direction some of you fruits are taking this......