Colorado Elk Hunt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by txbowhunter72, Apr 26, 2005.

1. txbowhunter72

txbowhunter72 Junior Member

I am going Elk hunting in September and can't figure which broadhead to use. I am thinking about the Magnus Stinger 4 blade 100 grain. Any opinions???

2. bub

bub Junior Member

Razorbacks

I've elk hunted a number of years.I'm going with the razorback 100's this year.

3. Kmint

Kmint Junior Member

Broadhead selection

I don't think you can go wrong with the G5 Montec. The stinger is a very good broadhead but I have been very inpressed with the G5 in both my compound and trad bow. They are very compact yet make a real mess of anything they hit. They are easy to sharpen. I use a small flat steel knife sharpener that comes with my Alaskan knife set and a small very fine stone for finish. I can sharpen all three blades to shave in about 2 minutes. Very handy in the field on arrows you have shot.

I have shot deer to very large hogs and even a cow we butchered Yes a cow cow! None went very far. One hog went just over 60 yards. All left a great blood trail.

By the way, what part of Colorado are you going to. I am trying to find someone to pack me into areas 62-71 and supply horses for a DIY hunt.