Compound Bow Setup

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by wrinkleydms, Sep 30, 2007.

1. wrinkleydms

wrinkleydms Junior Member

Hi all, as a newbie to this sport, I have a technical question.
    How do you know when the arrow rest is setup in the correct place?
    Can you do this by measurement or only by shooting?
    cheers David

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

For my initial set up........I set the rest height so that my arrow runs through the hole in the riser that the rest is bolted into. From there I set my nock point 1/8" high of square to the rest. For the left and right I usually nock an arrow and hold my bow out in front of me. I close one eye and line the string up with the center of the grip. Then I look at the tip of the arrow and adjust the rest until the tip is aligned with the string. At the same time I can look at my pins and get them set also...

From there, you can walk back or paper tune to get it right on the money...

Good luck...:rockon:

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

What ^ said.:welcome:

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yep you can do it like that or you can buy a bowsquare and a center shot guage and set it up with them...either way it's just a rough setting and still needs to be tuned...

5. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Before you get too much advice and get confused, log on to www.eastonarchery.com and download a copy of their Tuning Guide. It will explain a lot about how to set up a bow and several methods of tuning them to get proper arrow flight and performance.

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep!

The only thing i do different is With an arrow nocked i align with 1 eye the strings with the way they come off both wheels or cams and the arrow all aligned togeather with the string, then paper tune!:biggrin1: