computer problems.....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Apr 8, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Hey guys does anyone know what a DLL is???

when ever I turn on my computer it says that it was Illigally moved in memory????

also all of a sudden there is a bubble atthe bottem of my screen that keeps saying "scannning out going mail"????

what the heck??

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Try tha site Guru, He will know

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

A dll is a certain type of file like .exe .dll not sure what it does though. Where is dredly or ole cuz or DJ at they may be able to help ya out. As for the mail do you have mail being sent??:noidea:

By the way before that one guy says it "THIS BELONGS IN THE OFFTOPIC".:laugh: :peace:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I just deleted all e-mail, on both of our accounts......

sent or recieved.....I dont get it.....

the other thing is the unit wont shut down unless I push the button in and hold it....:noidea:

i hope my wonderful bride didnt get a damb virus.....her and her little girl freinds sending these stupid e-mails back and forth.....

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

What, you mean those emails you keep sending me...:doh:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

when was the last time i sent you a e-mail....????:noidea:

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It's been awhile now...:biggrin1:

8. BowhuntnHoosier

Yeah he don't like you anymore.:noidea:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now why would you tell him about the PM that I sent you????

its a PM for a reason.....:mad: :mad:

:biggrin1:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

:doh: I forgot:laugh:

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Dll is a file. Most time you'll see issue's w/ dll files when they have a security tag on them.. like what they do to alot to video games so you cant burn copies. it just wont let your computer read certain files or read to a point and not the whole thing. Piracy act.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is that why I cant see atatched files anymore???

my gun club news letter is always in attatchment form and I cant open it???

13. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

DLL is dynamic link library. It's a type of file that is used by other programs or hardware drivers. It's not something your run but gets accessed by other applications.

The down side is when they go bad. We would need more information to diagnose what is happening. Usually, this type of thing happens after you install a new program, install a new piece of hardware or get a virus of some sort. :Cry:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its telling me i need to contact the supplier of the dll to get a new one.....:noidea:

15. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

the design and use of DLLs in windows is totally flawed. The problem with DLLs is that you can have different version on your system. For example applicationA wants to use ABC.dll version 1.0 but applicationB needs ABC.dll version 2.0. So 2.0 gets installed. Now this causes crashes with applicationA because it's not compatible with ABC.dll version 2.0

Does this make any sense.

16. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

A Dll is a Dynamic Link Library. These are mostly exectuable functions or data that can be used by Microsoft Windows applications.
    Are you using MS Outlook or Outlook express? Also if you recently installed or uninstalled a program you could have accidently removed a file or had an accidental override of an specific needed file.
    If you are running Windows XP you could simply revert your system to the day before started having this trouble.
    To revert to a previous day you would go to Start---->Programs---->Accessories---->System Tools---->System Restore----> Select the option that says Restore my computer to an earlier time ---> Then click next---> Then look at the calender and select the date that was a day prior to you having the trouble---> click next and follow the on screen instructions.
    Reverting your system will remove or restore any recently added or removed programs.
    Anyway I hope this helps

rdnkgrl_robinhood

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

it would help if you gave us the actual exact error message.

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

RTHDCPLEXE ILLEGAL SYSTEM DLL RELOCATION user 32.dll was relocated in memory, the application will not run prorerly

DLL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HHCTRL.OCX

19. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

You are soooooo poked! :eek:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what does it mean???