Concept Rest

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Tenderfoot, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

No rest is perfect. There is not one made that nobody can say anything bad about. I seek to change that and have a theoretical design that is almost perfect. It may be imperfect depending on ya'lls answer to this question-" What happens if the prongs on a drop away fall within the first inch of arrow travel? Does the arrow need to be supported throughout most of the firing cycle for good acuracy?" It seems that the old prong rests did nothing but hold the arrows from the bottom, and even then, they moved down a bit. Thanks for your help.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I would say 3-4 inches minimum support for good accuracy. I think 1 inch would be pushing it. I guess the best way to find out is try it and see.

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I say.......the longer the rest guides the arrow the better. But with the arrow bending and flexing , who knows. Like the other JC said.....build one, throw it on a bow...find a hooter shooter and see what happens.

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I agree to a point but the arrow flex is compensated by the fixed rests being spring loaded or at least a spring rest support itself like a lizard tongue.

The answer to the questio you ask will not be answered in a simple post. Not only that but other enterprising people and companies are looking for teh same thing you are.

If I knew the answer I would charge you for it, along with royalties. :laugh:

Good luck man,

Ron

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

like everyone has said...trial and error...build one and see how it works.

And no matter how good it works someone will still have something bad to say about it, that's just human nature...:noidea: :lol:

good luck, Ed

6. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

My idea seems so simple I imagine somebody else has already thought of it and had it fail. Let me invest some $ on it and get back to ya'll if it works.

7. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

I think that dropping as late as possible is the best function of a rest. For years the pros shot prongs and liz tongues that were spring loaded. Friction moved them oput of the way. In other words, the Whammy is the best.

8. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I hear that. How true you are.

9. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

But all it takes is one good idea. You would think someone would have built a stand like mine by now. But I guess not.
    You can not fail if you do not try.