Conquest 2 Question

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Jeremiah Johnson, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson Junior Member

Like new Conquest 2 (bare bow) for $300 - good buy?

Is the Conquest 2 a good 3d bow, or is it worth double the money for an Apex?

Is the Conquest 3 much better than the 2 or is it taste?

Anyone shoot the C2 in 3d? Do you like it? Any regrets?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is it pretty or camo?????

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Conquest 2 is a very nice shooting bow. I think $300 would be the highest I would give for one though. Never seen one shot in 3D but several in indoor spots.:rockon: Not sure what the difference is between the C2 and C3 though. :peace:

4. Jeremiah Johnson

Saw this bow while looking for a 3d bow. I'd like to set up a 3d bow to compete. It appears, from what I learned last year, the better shooters in 3d use longer A-A, longer brace height, etc. I know I saw a number of Conquests at the IBO in Bedford last year, but don't recall the differences in the models and only know a new Conquest 4 is over $800 new.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so is it pretty or camo???:biggrin1:

the most I would probably go a bow of that age is say 250camo.......300 shiney.....

I shoot my Switchback (not XT) for hunting and 3-d, and I shoot my Icon for indoor 300 rnds.....the Icon has alot less draw weight than the Switchback and also as smooth as the Switchback is to draw.....the Icon is even smoother.....ie. easier on my shoulders and back.....But I also shot my first 300 w/it so its not that it wont work for indoor......the Switchback may be the ultimate do all bow from Mathews.....

its not too short for target work, no mater what anybody on here says....
    its easy to manuver in my tree stand.....
    its not the fastest, but it is the fastest i have ever owned....
    its smooth as glass on the draw and the shot.....
    and w/the 7 or so brace height it is plenty forgiving for the target shooting that I do.....

6. Jeremiah Johnson

Guess it's shiney - black and green.

I also shoot a Switchback and it's deadly accurate, just didn't do too well in 3d...maybe I'm just not good enough shooter. Kill every animal I shoot, but can't seem to keep it in the 10 on 3d.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

do you usually miss high/low or left/right?....

8. BowhuntnHoosier

To answer this question truthfully I would have to say..........yes.:biggrin1:

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

your problem is those foam animals are jumping the string... what you want to do is scrap the Mathews, get a Bowtech and you'll be happy :)

10. BowhuntnHoosier

:pound: :laugh: Oh my...........................that is so funny.................:laugh: :pound: ........................thanks for the laugh there buddy that was sooooo funny.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I didnt find any humor in that....he is a very negitive individual.....:biggrin1: