Cooking on the grill..........

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Redemption, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Redemption

Redemption Guest

Anyone else not afeared of this cold weather and cook on the grill year round?

It was 2 below 0 hear the other night and I was belly up to the kegerator and the grill. No weatherman is gonna stop me.:amen: I grill twice a week year round even if I don't need to.:bowl:

2. Redemption

Redemption Guest

I'm not afraid of the weather either 'demp'. I cooked out tonight.:amen:

3. J.C.

J.C. Active Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. Hoyt_em

Hoyt_em New Member

Year rounders here too. 'bout 3 times a week this time of the year. Summer months dang near everyday.

5. Redemption

Redemption Guest

:amen:
    I have some Italian sausage I made from a hog I butchered over Christmas to try tonight.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we usually cook out when ever we go ice fishing......its the best way to get rid of those PESKY trout.......:bored: :bored: :bored:

7. JAVI

JAVI New Member

I grill outside almost every night... last night was pork chops..:peace:

Sunday was baby back ribs...

8. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

My weber never sleeps:biggrin1: :biggrin1: Just cooked some backsraps last weekend. It hasnt been above 22 degrees here in 3 weeks.

9. bwiz

bwiz New Member

Grilled Venison Italian Sausage, last night....yummy.
    :peace:

10. Redemption

Redemption Guest

Do you cook those whole or do you usually have to fillet those monsters?:tape:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I usually put them through cheese grated first.....:noidea:

12. Redemption

Redemption Guest

Ummmmmm..................why?

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Because he can..............:tape:

14. Redemption

Redemption Guest

:photo:

Cooked Italian sausages that I made tonight and they were a little dry......:noidea: I used the bacons and the hams to make sausage so I don't know why they would be dry, seemed to have plenty of fat......maybe because I ground it twice.:noidea:

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I cook on the Weber and/or smoker all year around. Beef and pork ribs, all varieties of pork chops, pork and beef roasts,potato varieties, roasted veggies, T-bones, ribeyes, flank steak, brisket, top sirloin, beef loin filet, italian sausage for pasta sauce, dogs, burgers, fish (salmon mostly), turkey, chicken and shrimp.

Being closely affiliated with a grocery retail chain helps that out too.
    I don't get a discount, but I get the best cuts as I ask for them. We had $4.99/lb T-Bones 2 weeks ago on sale. USDA Select. The filet side was about the size of a baseball. Last week we had USDA Select top sirloin for $2.99 a pound. You'll never see that in a Walmart or major national grocery retail chain.

That makes me want to keep the coals stoked and the meat flowing from the store to the grill to the table to the mouth to the stomach. :peace:

Ron

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

dawg, we're going to be up around 40 tomorrow.... :peace:
    Might do some shooting outside. I'm off tomorrow, but I have to pay my penance by replacing the starter and solenoid in my truck first. :frusty:

Then, the bow will come out and shooting will commence.... I have a coyote to kill.... :biggrin1:

Ron

17. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I can get 2.99 sirloin up here in the summer (choice)...:bored: DO NOT BUY MEAT AT WALMART. They pump some kind of preservitive/solution in their meat!

Yeah its going to be above freezing for the first time since new years today. High of 35 or 36. I wont need to wear a coat home!:peace:

18. Redemption

Redemption Guest

19. dch3k

dch3k Member

you only are to grind once I thought ..was it pure venison..sometimes adding some fattier pork helps..because vension is so lean.

20. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

actually, their pre-packed chicken, can't remember the brand, it hard to beat. Not sure I would buy any other meat there except the hillshire farms summer sausage which it totally yum. :amen:

They stopped carrying the Penrose hot sausages and that made me mad. :frusty: